Wondering what is the best Waterdrop Reverse Osmosis System for your home?
In this Waterdrop Reverse Osmosis System review, I am going to discuss the Waterdrop G3 (WD-G3-W), Waterdrop G2 (WD-G2 Series), and Waterdrop G2 P600 (WD-G2 P600-W) in details.
After this, you will know exactly which Waterdrop under sink RO system is the best fit for your family.
Disclosure: BrizFeel is a participant of Amazon Associate program.
Waterdrop Reverse Osmosis System Reviews (G3, G2 & G2 P600)
In this section, I will review the Waterdrop G3, G2, and G2 P600 models in detail.
Waterdrop G3 Reverse Osmosis System Review (WD-G3-W RO)
The Waterdrop Under Sink Reverse Osmosis G3 is a top-rated Reverse Osmosis system with thousands of positive reviews from buyers and users.
But what makes it so popular among household consumers?
What are the pros and cons of this Waterdrop under-sink RO filter?
What you should consider before buying this filter?
All the above questions will be discussed in this Waterdrop G3 RO System Review.
The Waterdrop Reverse Osmosis G3 is a high-flow tankless Reverse Osmosis system that is built and designed for every family.
Due to its tankless design, it takes up a smaller space of under sink or countertop area, which makes it an ideal choice for a small kitchen.
Superior 7 Stages Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration
The Waterdrop G3 consists of 7 stages of water filtrations that remove more than 99% of harmful contaminants in water including sediments, Chlorine taste and odor, heavy metals, total dissolved solids, VOCs, bacteria, and viruses.
1st Stage Filtration – CF Filter (Pre-filter)
The first stage of water filtration consists of two pre-sediment filtration layers (PP cotton) and a carbon block filtration layer with a 0.8-micron pore size.
The PP cotton will remove sediments like rust, dust, sand, and larger particles, and the carbon block will get rid of Chlorine, VOCs, and more chemicals from the water.
This CF composite filter is used as pre-filtration to protect the following filters from sediments and Chlorine chemical.
2nd Stage Filtration – RO Filter (Main filter)
The RO filter is the core of the Waterdrop G3 RO System that removes most of the impurities in water including dissolved solids.
The RO filter is a large 3-layer DOW® RO membrane with 0.0001-micron pore size that allows it to block even the smallest impurities in the water from passing through.
3rd Stage Filtration: CB Filter (Post-filter)
The CB Filter is a 0.5-micron coconut shell activated carbon block that removes any residual impurities and odor to improve the water taste for drinking purposes.
If you yet to know, the Reverse Osmosis is the best filtration method that produces the purest drinking water for your family.
Fast Water Production Rate
The Waterdrop G3 produce RO water at 400 GPD, which is 7 times faster than most Reverse Osmosis systems in the market.
In other words, it takes only 12 seconds to fill up a standard 8 oz. glass.
This filtration rate is considered very fast for the RO water, no wonder it can be tankless as you don’t need a water tank to hold the filtered water at this speed.
This RO water filter can produce clean drinking water on-demand.
Wait, it has more to offer!
Low Filtered Water to Wastewater Ratio of 1:1
The Waterdrop RO G3 is capable to produce RO filtered water at only a 1:1 ratio of wastewater!
That means only 1 gallon of wastewater is used to produce 1 gallon of RO water, which is 300% more efficient than most Reverse Osmosis systems in the market that have a standard 1:4 filtered water to wastewater ratio.
In other words, most RO systems are wasting 4 gallons of water to produce 1 gallon of clean water, but Waterdrop G3 wastes only 1 gallon of water to produce a gallon of clean water.
That is a huge saving of water!
I love my kitchen to look great, and this is one of the reasons I choose the Waterdrop G3 RO System.
It has a compact, modern, and sleek design, which gives you flexibility in choosing the placement.
It is nice to put on the visible area to show, and it is also easy to hide under the kitchen sink due to a compact body.
Unlike most other traditional RO systems that have all the tubing and cartridges around, the Waterdrop G3 adopts a new generation design of a water filtration system with a modern and clean look.
This Waterdrop RO system has a built-in smart leakage protector that can protect your home from water leakage accidents.
Smart Pressure Pump
All Waterdrop Reverse Osmosis Systems come with a smart pressure pump that adjusts according to the feed water pressure to operate at maximum efficiency in producing RO water.
The smart pressure pump feature is the main component that makes 400 GPD water production and 1:1 filtered water to wastewater ratio possible.
Automatic Flushing Features
The Waterdrop G3 Under Sink RO system can flush the system automatically after 2 hours of accumulated works to eliminate clogs and extend the filter life.
Besides, it has a Holiday mode that will automatically flush the system when no water dispensing for a day to maintain the freshness of clean water.
Lead-free Smart Designer Faucet with Real-Time Water Quality Indicator
The Waterdrop RO system comes with a lead-free smart faucet that is made from brass for durability and is chrome plated for aesthetic.
Besides, the smart faucet will display the water quality with a LED light when in use, so you know when to replace the filter.
TDS Level Display
The RO system has a TDS display to indicate the current TDS level of water so that you know the quality of water you are drinking.
Most Reverse Osmosis water filters will require you to buy a TDS meter to test the water quality, but for the Waterdrop RO filter, it has a built-in TDS meter.
Certified Against NSF Standard 58 & 372
Besides, the RO system also tested and passed more than 400 chemical tests.
Pros & Cons of the Waterdrop G3 RO System
- Strong water filtration: It removes over 99% of more than 1,000 contaminants in water.
- Tankless design: Save spaces prevent secondary contamination from the storage tank.
- Fast filtration rate: It only takes about 12 seconds to fill up a standard 8 oz. glass with pure drinking water, thanks to its built-in smart pressure pump.
- High water efficiency: It only wastes 1 gallon of water to produce 1 gallon of pure water.
- Sleek design: It has a modern and compact design to improve aesthetics and fit easily under the kitchen sink.
- Automatic flushing: The G3 system can flush the filters automatically to maintain the filter efficiency and extend their lifespan.
- Easy to install: The system comes partly assembled and is design to be set up quickly.
- Quick filter replacement: The system is designed to make filter replacements work quick and easy.
- Compatible with Refrigerator: The system can be connected to the refrigerator or ice maker.
- Better water taste: The G3 model includes a coconut shell activated carbon filter at the last stage to improve the water taste.
- Tested & Certified: The Waterdrop filters are tested and certified against NSF Standard 58 & 372 for their real-world performance and safety to give you peace of mind.
- No water storage tank: If you need to access a large amount of drinking water at one time, you will have to fill up a large water container in advance as the Waterdrop RO system is without a water storage tank.
- No Remineralization: The RO system does not come with any mineral filter to add minerals into the water, so it is not suitable for those who prefer to drink alkaline water.
- Higher upfront cost: While the Waterdrop G3 RO System gives you the best value for your money with its features and great water efficiency at 1:1, however, it does require you to fork out a high upfront cost to own it.
Waterdrop G2 Reverse Osmosis System Review (WD-G2-W RO)
The Waterdrop WD-G2-W Under Sink RO System is a smaller version of Waterdrop G3 with only 2 filters – a CF filter and an MRO filter (smaller version of RO filter in Waterdrop G3).
Strong Filtration Performance
While Waterdrop G2 only has 5 filtration stages compared to Waterdrop G3 at 7, but they still maintain a similar filtration performance that removes over 99% of harmful contaminants just like the G3 model.
The Waterdrop G2 is a tankless RO system that takes up 70% less space of the under sink and countertop area.
High Water Output & Wastewater Efficiency
The under-sink RO system produces clean RO water at 400 GPD with only 1:1 clean water to wastewater ratio, saving 75% of water compared to most other Reverse Osmosis systems.
It only takes about 12 seconds to fill up a glass.
Smart Filter Life Reminder
The RO system will notify you when it is time to replace the filter to take out the guesswork.
Compact & Modern Design
The Waterdrop G2 has a compact body to fit easily into a small space.
Besides, its modern and sleek design allows you to put it on a visible spot to improve the aesthetic.
Two Color Options
The Waterdrop G2 RO System is available in black and white colors to fit your kitchen design.
The G2 model only costs half the price of the G3 model, which makes it a great budget option for those who are not afforded the G3 model.
Tested & Certified for NSF Standard 58 & 372
The Waterdrop G2 RO System is tested and certified for standard 58 for TDS reduction over 94% and standard 372 for lead-free materials.
Pros & Cons of the Waterdrop G2 Reverse Osmosis System
- Strong water filtration: The Waterdrop G2 RO system can remove over 99% of harmful contaminants in water.
- Smaller size: The compact body allows it the be fit into a small area and saves space for other purposes.
- Low upfront investment: The affordable price makes it a great budget solution for consumers.
- Two-color choices: It comes with white and black body designs for you to choose according to your preference.
- No smart faucet: The Waterdrop G2 does not come with the smart faucet that displays water quality in real-time.
- No automatic flushing: It does not come with an automatic flushing feature.
Waterdrop G2 P600 Reverse Osmosis System Review (WD-G2 P600-W RO)
The Waterdrop WD-G2 P600-W Under Sink RO System is the upgraded version of Waterdrop G2 with a 50% faster water flow rate and a 100% lower drain ratio.
Strong Water Filtration
The Waterdrop G2 P600 consists of 6 stages of water filtration that are capable to remove more than 99% of 1,000+ contaminants in water to produce the purest water to your family.
Without Storage Tank
The Waterdrop G2 P600 is tankless under sink RO system that takes up 70% less space in your kitchen cabinet and prevents the possibility of bacteria growth in the water tank.
Ultra-fast Water Filtration Rate
The Waterdrop G2 P600 is designed to produce clean water at 600 GPD, which means it will take only 8 seconds to fill up a standard glass with RO water!
It is 10 times faster than most other Reverse Osmosis systems in the market.
Low Wastewater Ratio
Another main advantage of the Waterdrop G2 P600 is the low wastewater ratio.
It can produce 2 gallons of RO water with only 1 gallon of wastewater, which is 7 times lesser than normal Reverse Osmosis water filters and saves more than 700% of water.
This benefit alone makes it an excellent choice for environmental concern.
Filter Life Indicator
The system will display the filter status with 3 different colors of light, so you know it is time to replace the filter when the light turned red.
The Waterdrop G2 P600 has a small body size at 17.3×5.9×13.9 inches to saves your precious space.
This Waterdrop Under Sink RO system will operate quietly under your kitchen sink with noise less than 55dB.
NSF Standard 58 & 372 Certified
The Waterdrop G2 P600 RO System is tested against standard 58 & 372 and is certified to reduce more than 94% of TDS and lead-free materials.
Pros & Cons of the Waterdrop G2 P600 Reverse Osmosis System
- Strong water filtration: The Waterdrop G2 P600 under- sink system is capable of getting rid of more than 99% of harmful contaminants in water.
- Ultra-fast water production: The G2 P600 can fill up a glass in only 8 seconds, which is more than 10 times faster than traditional RO systems.
- Low drain water ratio: The system waste only 1 gallon of water to produce 2 gallons of clean water, the highest water efficiency in the market!
- Compact body: The small body size can save up your kitchen under sink space by over 70% compared to traditional RO systems.
- No smart faucet: The Waterdrop G2 does not come with the smart faucet that displays water quality in real-time.
- No automatic flushing: It does not have an automatic flushing feature.
- Limited color option: Only available in white color
- Require electricity: You must connect the system to the power plug to run it.
In this section, we will summarize the 3 different models of under sink Reverse Osmosis system from Waterdrop, which are the Waterdrop G3 (WD-G3-W), Waterdrop G2 (WD-G2-W), and Waterdrop G2 P600 (WD-G2 P600-W).
What is good about Waterdrop Under Sink Reverse Osmosis System (G3, G2 & G2 P600)
Here are the benefits of using the Waterdrop Reverse Osmosis Water Filters:
- Strong filtration performance
- High daily water production rate
- Low water wastage
- Do not have a water tank
- Built-in leak detector
- Lead-free faucet (Smart faucet with real-time water quality for G3 model)
- TDS display
- Long-lasting water filters
- Easy to install and replace filters
- Compact size
- Sleek and modern design
Comparison of Waterdrop G3 vs G2 vs G2 P600
Here is the comparison table of Waterdrop Reverse Osmosis System G3, G2, and G2 P600.
|G2 P600||6||600 GPD||2:1||Basic||$$$|
When You Should Buy the Waterdrop G3 Reverse Osmosis System?
If you simply want the best Waterdrop under-sink Reverse Osmosis system, the Waterdrop G3 RO is a perfect choice.
It has the strongest filtration power and useful smart features to cater to your needs.
Besides, it provides tastier water for your family.
When You Should Buy the Waterdrop G2 Reverse Osmosis System?
You should consider the Waterdrop G2 Under Sink RO System (WD-G2-W) if you are looking for a smaller size Reverse Osmosis system that is more affordable and the extra features of Waterdrop G3 are not important to you.
The Waterdrop G2 has a strong filtration performance to meet your clean water demand at a lower upfront investment.
When You Should Buy the Waterdrop G2 P600 Reverse Osmosis System?
If you are looking for a higher water flow rate and lower wastewater ratio to meet higher drinking water demand, then the Waterdrop G2 P600 is the best investment for your family.
The Waterdrop G2 P600 is the upgraded version of Waterdrop G2 in terms of water flow rate and water efficiency.
It has a 600 GPD water production rate, which is 50% faster than the Waterdrop G2 and G3 models.
Also, it can produce 2 gallons of clean water with only 1 gallon of wastewater, which is half the amount of wastewater compared to the Waterdrop G2 and G3.
The reason to choose Waterdrop G3:
- Strongest filtration performance
- Smart features like real-time water quality display and automatic flushing
- Better water taste
The reason to choose Waterdrop G2:
- Smaller size
The reason to choose Waterdrop G2 P600:
- Fastest water flow rate
- Lowest drain water ratio
How Waterdrop Reverse Osmosis System Works?
Since the Waterdrop WD-G3-W is without a water tank, the water is filtered and deliver straight to the water faucet when running.
The built-in smart pressure pump will supply sufficient pressure to the unit speed up the Reverse Osmosis filtration process and reduce the wastewater at the same time.
Installation of Waterdrop G3 Reverse Osmosis System
Not a DIYer?
The Waterdrop WD-G3-W under sink filter come partly assembled to ease your work and save your time in setting up the system.
Just follow the user manual and installation guide and you should be able to get it running within an hour.
It is the easiest under sink Reverse Osmosis system to install.
Please note that the Waterdrop G3 RO System requires electricity to work, so make sure you have a plug ready nearby the designated place for it.
If you want to connect it to your refrigerator or ice maker, you will have to buy additional tubing for that purpose.
Remember to flush the entire system for 20-30 minutes before you drink the filtered water.
Here is the step-by-step installation video for the Waterdrop under-sink RO system.
Maintenance of Waterdrop Reverse Osmosis System
The maintenance of the Waterdrop RO system is easy due to the tankless design and system structure, all you need to do is replace the filters periodically, and the filter replacement process is quick and easy.
It only takes about 3 seconds to replace the filters without any tool and you do not need to turn off the water supply also, just twist and pull out the used filters and then push in the new filter and twist.
Waterdrop Reverse Osmosis System Replacement Filters
Wondering what is the price of the replacement filters for the Waterdrop Reverse Osmosis System to calculate running cost?
Here are the details:
Waterdrop G3 Replacement Filters (WD-G3-W):
1st stage: CF filter (WD-G3-N1CF) – last 6 months [Check on Waterdrop]
Waterdrop G2 Replacement Filters (WD-G2-W):
Waterdrop G2 P600 Replacement Filters (WD-G2 P600-W):
FAQ for Waterdrop Reverse Osmosis System
1. How much water does the Waterdrop RO System waste to produce 1 gallon of filtered water?
The Waterdrop G3 & G2 RO System will waste 1 gallon of water for every gallon of clean water. The filtered water to the wastewater ratio is 1:1.
For G2 P600 model, the system waste only half a gallon of water to produce 1 gallon of clean water with the drain water ratio of 2:1.
2. How long can the RO filter of the Waterdrop Reverse Osmosis System last?
The RO filter can last about 24 months depending on the water usage.
3. Is it possible to connect the Waterdrop System to the existing ice maker or refrigerator?
Yes, you can connect the Waterdrop RO filter to the ice maker or refrigerator by using additional valves and tubing.
4. What is the feed water pressure requirements for Waterdrop Reverse Osmosis filters?
The Waterdrop RO filters require a feed water pressure between 14.5 to 87 PSI to operate properly.
5. What is the discount code for Waterdrop filters?
The discount code for Waterdrop filters is “BRIZFEEL5“. Just enter the code during checkout on Waterdrop website to enjoy the 5% exclusive savings!
All these 3 models of Waterdrop under sink Reverse Osmosis system are offering clean RO water at speedy production rate and low filtered water to clean water ratio of 1:1.
The main differences are the extra activated carbon filter and smart faucet feature from the G3 model, an additional 200 GPD production rates from the G2 P600 model, and of course, the price.
So, the best Waterdrop Reverse Osmosis system for your home mainly depends on your requirements, preference, and budget as all of them are great and offer tremendous value to your family.