Planning to buy the best faucet water filter for your home?
Or still surveying whether to get a faucet mount water filter?
No problem, you’ll find the best answer in this post.
I’ve done all the researches, analysis, comparison, and recommendation for more than 50 different faucet water filtration system from reputable water filter brands and shortlisted the top 10 best faucet-mount water filters for you.
Why Use a Faucet Mount Water Filtration System
By installing a faucet water filter, you can enjoy clean drinking water right from your faucet with fast water flow, quick and simple installation, and take up virtually no space (just make the faucet head look bigger overall).
Below are some of the benefits of having a faucet mount water filtration system.
While municipally treated tap water may look clean with bare eyes, it’s, in fact, contain many harmful contaminants that can’t be seen such as lead, cysts, fluoride, bacteria, and mercury.
These harmful contaminants can cause serious damage to the human body if taken in excess amount for a long period of time.
Thus, it’s crucial to install a water filtration system at home for safe and clean water.
When I’m moving home, a water filter is always on my compulsory list.
Did you count your annual expense on bottled waters?
I hope you did.
You’ll be surprised how much money you can save by using a faucet filter instead of buying bottled waters, and the figure gets bigger with the numbers of your family members.
Great Water Taste
The filtered water has much greater taste compared to unfiltered water. It can make your freshly brewed coffee and tea taste better and richer.
Since you are drinking water every day, why not make it taste better at the same time when quenching your thirst?
Protect The Environment
Do you know that a single faucet filter cartridge can replace 1,000 to 3,000 plastic bottled waters at 16.9 oz each?
By installing a simple faucet water filter on your kitchen faucet, you can contribute your little help in protecting the environment by reducing plastic bottle waste.
Easy and Fast Installation
In terms of installation, most faucet mount water filters are quick and simple to install with no tools are required.
Just buy and attach on your faucet for clean tasty water.
In terms of usability, faucet mount water filter allow you to easily switch between filtered water and regular tap water for daily kitchen usage.
Some faucet filters have even more options, like spray water or high-pressure water.
From the point of aesthetics, a nice design faucet filter can make your kitchen look better and more attractive.
Benefits Over Other Types of Water Filtration System
There’s also a handful of benefits by using a faucet mount water filtration system over other common types of filtration system:
- Compared to pitcher: Faster water filtration rate, more convenient as no fill-ups is needed, and no tabletop or fridge space is required.
- Compared to under sink/countertop: Quick & simple installation, lesser cost, no under sink or countertop space is required.
- Compared to gravity-fed: Faster water filtration rate, lesser cost, no space is required.
Top 10 Best Faucet Water Filters
Before I talk about how to choose the best faucet mount water filtration system, let’s have a look at the list of top 10 best faucet water filter first:
1. Engdenton Faucet Water Filter – Best Overall
2. Waterdrop WD-FC-01 Faucet Water Filter – Best Value
3. Instapure F2 Essentials Tap Water Filtration System – Best Budget
4. PUR FM-3700 Advanced Faucet Water Filter – Best for Lead Removal
5. iSpring DF2-CHR Faucet Water Filter – Best Long-lasting
6. Instapure F8 Ultra Faucet Water Filter – Best Design & Features
7. Culligan FM-15A Faucet Water Filter – Best for Compact-size Lover
8. DuPont WFFM100XCH Faucet Water Filter – Great Overall
9. Culligan FM-100-C Faucet Mount Water Filter – Great Budget
10. Brita Tap Water Filter System – Budget Alternative for Lead Removal
How to Choose the Best Faucet Water Filter for Your Home (Buying Guide)
There are several factors I took into account when preparing this list of best faucet water filter for you, and I think this is how you should choose your faucet water filter as well.
- Filtration performance
- Filter lifespan
This is the main point of getting a faucet water filter, so if the filtration performance is low, you should never consider it even if it’s cheap.
Depends on your water source quality, some may have more lead content, fluoride, or other contaminants. So, pick a faucet water filter according to your water quality.
Filter lifespan determines how frequently you need to change a filter cartridge.
If you’re just one person, it’s alright to choose a faucet filter with standard capacity, which is 100 gallons of water filtration or 2-3 months of usage.
But if you have more family members, it’s better to pick a faucet filter that lasts longer.
The price point is always one of the main factors in purchase consideration, no doubts about that.
There are two types of cost you need to consider here. First is the upfront cost to get a faucet filter, and the second is the ongoing cost for filter cartridge replacements.
Filter A: Upfront cost is $30 and the ongoing cost is $7
Filter B: Upfront cost is $20 and the ongoing cost is $11
So, which one is better in terms of cost?
To make it simple for you, just calculate the cost for one year with the assumption of 2 months replacement frequency will do.
Filter A: $30 (last 2 months) + $7 x 5 times = $65 annual cost
Filter B: $20 (last 2 months) + $11 x 5 times = $75 annual cost
Thus, Filter B is better for you in terms of cost.
Yes, since everyone walk into your kitchen will have a high chance of seeing this little guy, therefore it has to be nice in terms of aesthetically, right?
Top 10 Best Faucet Water Filters [Reviews]
Here are the top 10 best faucet water filters for your home and family.
1. Engdenton Faucet Water Filter [Review] – Best Overall
- Incorporate an Activated Carbon Fiber (ACF) filter to remove rust, sand, chlorine, bad taste, and more contaminants
- Made with food-grade 304 stainless steel housing for leak-proof, cracking-proof, and durability
- High water flow rate from 0.5 to 0.8 gallons per minute
- Simple and quick installation
- Replace every 6 months or 320 gallons of water
The Engdenton faucet water filter is a high-flow ACF filter encapsulated with high-quality food-grade 304 stainless steel housing that can effectively filter out unwanted contaminants in water with its 0.5 microns filtration.
The ACF filter itself is anti-bacteria to ensure clean and safe drinkable water for your family.
The fast water flow rate is a bonus as you don’t have to wait long to fill up your bottle or cup.
2. Waterdrop WD-FC-01 Faucet Water Filter [Review] – Best Value
- Effectively reduce 93% of chlorine, lead, fluoride, and more contaminants in the water
- High filtration rate at 0.5 gallons per minute
- Long-lasting filter life up to 320 gallons of water filtration or 3 months of usage
- Leak-proof technology
- Simple switching mechanism between filtered and unfiltered water
- Compatible with most standard faucets
- Easy installation on the faucet
The Waterdrop WD-FC-01 faucet water filter is a multi-stage filtration system with activated carbon fiber (ACF) that is capable to reduce lead, fluoride, chlorine, and more contaminants in tap water.
Here’s the breakdown of the filtration layers:
3. Instapure F2 Essentials Tap Water Filtration System [Review] – Best Budget
- Effectively remove sediments, chlorine taste and odor, cysts, VOCs, lead, and more contaminants
- Last up to 200 gallons of filtration or 3 months of usage
- Made from high-quality coconut carbon
- Fast water flow rate of 0.75 GPM
- Chrome finishing with Chrome Cap
- Easy installation
- Tested against ANSI/NSF Standard 42 & 372
- WQA Gold Seal Certified
Instapure F2 Essentials is a small-sized granular coconut carbon faucet water filter that is effective against chlorine taste and odor, cysts, VOCs, lead, and other contaminants.
Its filtration quality also assured by WQA Gold Seal and NSF/ANSI certification.
4. PUR FM-3700 Advanced Faucet Water Filter [Review] – Best for Lead Removal
- Reduces 99% of lead, chlorine taste and odor, and more contaminants in tap water
- Fit on most standard faucets
- LED filter status indicator
- Last up to 100 gallons of water filtration or 3 months
- 360 degrees swivel
The PUR FM-3700 Advanced faucet filter Incorporated MAXION filter technology to remove 99% of lead, 96% of mercury, 92% of certain pesticides, chlorine taste and odor, pharmaceuticals, industrial pollutants, disinfection by-products, and more harmful contaminants.
Its 1-click tool-free attachment makes the installation process much quicker and easier than the typical faucet filter.
5. iSpring DF2-CHR Faucet Mount Water Filter [Review] – Best Long-lasting
- Effectively remove or reduce sediments, chlorine, chloramine, lead, mercury, bacteria, cysts, volatile organic compounds (VOCs), atrazine, lindane, and more contaminants
- Long-lasting filter lifespan up to 500 gallons of water filtration (or 8 months).
- Fast water flow rate up to 1.5 GPM
- Quick and simple installation
- Lifetime support
The iSpring DF2-CHR is a high-flow long-lasting faucet filter for families who don’t want to change filter cartridges frequently.
Its advanced filtration technology is great against common contaminants like sediments, chlorine, chloramine, lead, mercury, bacteria (eg: E.Coli), and VOCs.
The filter is also capable to reduce hydrogen sulfide (H2S) moderately.
6. Instapure F8 Ultra Tap Water Filtration System [Review] – Best Design & Features
- Effectively remove or reduce chlorine taste and odor, VOCs, lead, cysts, and more contaminants in tap water
- Chrome finishing
- WQA Gold Seal certified and tested against ANSI/NSF standard 42 and 372
- Simple installation
The Instapure F8 Ultra is an advanced faucet water filtration system that utilizes high-quality coconut carbon to provide your family with clean and healthy water for a period of 3 months (or 100 gallons of filtered water) straight from your tap.
It can reduce up to 97% of chlorine taste and odor and up to 99% of lead, cysts, and VOCs.
The faucet filtration system also comes with extra features like Auto Shut-off, Built-in Power Rinse, exclusive High Flow filter outlet, Removable and Upgradable Low Flow Aerator, and ¼ turn Quick-Change Filter.
7. Culligan FM-15A Faucet Water Filter [Review] – Best for Compact-size Lover
- Reduces chlorine taste and odor, lead, turbidity, lindane, atrazine, and more contaminants
- High water flow rate at 0.5 GPM
- Quick switching between filtered and regular tap water
- Quick installation with no tools are required
- Long-lasting filter lifespan up to 200 gallons of filtration
- Tested and certified against ANSI/NSF standard 42 and 53
- Fit on most standard faucets
The Culligan FM-15A faucet mount water filter is capable to reduce contaminants like sediments, chlorine, lead, cysts, cryptosporidium, turbidity, atrazine, lindane, Nominal Particulate Class I, and etc.
It can be attached to most standard faucets easily with no tools required.
8. DuPont WFFM100XCH Premier Faucet Mount Water Filter [Review] – Great Overall
- Effectively remove chlorine taste and odor, sediments, and more contaminants.
- Reduce lead, mercury, benzene, cysts, asbestos, and linden.
- Last for 100 gallons of water filtration
- High filtration rate of 0.5 GPM
- Compatible with standard faucets
- Chrome finishing
- Simple installation
- Built-in Microban Antimicrobial protection to filter housing and media
DuPont WFFM100XCH is a faucet mount water filter that provides you a clean and tasty water with reduced contaminants and chemicals like chlorine, sediments, lead, mercury, benzene, cysts, and more.
9. Culligan FM-100-C Faucet Water Filter [Review] – Great Budget
- Effectively reduce chlorine taste and odor, lead, sediment, and more impurities and chemicals in the water.
- Built-in electronic filter life indicator to notify you on filter replacement.
- Easily switch between filtered water and unfiltered water with the diverter tab.
- Compact faucet filter housing design with chrome finishing.
- Compatible with most aerator faucets.
- Tested and certified by WQA.
- Quick and easy filter cartridge replacement.
- The filter can last up to 2 months or every 200 gallons of filtered water.
The compact Culligan FM-100-C faucet mount water filter is designed to attach directly onto your existing water faucet with no tools needed.
This faucet water filter comes with a carbon block filter cartridge to reduce sediment, lead, lindane, atrazine, and chlorine taste and odor in tap water to improve water’s smell and taste.
It’s tested and certified by WQA and come with a 2-years warranty for your peace of mind.
10. Brita Faucet Water Filter System [Review] – Budget Alternative for Lead Removal
- Removes 99% of lead, asbestos, benzene, chlorine taste and odor, sediments, and more contaminants
- Quick and simple installation
- Built-in filter status indicator for filter replacement reminder
- Fast and easy 1-click filter replacement
- Last up to 100 gallons of water filtration
- Does not fit pull out and spray style faucets
This Brita Chrome On Tap Faucet Water Filtration System is a basic faucet mount filter that is capable to remove 99% of lead.
Summary (Comparison Table)
As I always say, the best water filter for your home is the one that fits your requirements the most, it’s not necessarily the highest performance one.
With that being said, here’s the summary of the top 10 best faucet water filter:
|Reason to Buy||Price|
|Engdenton Faucet||320||Best Overall||Check Price!|
|Waterdrop WD-FC-01||320||Best Value||Check Price!|
|Instapure F2 Essentials||200||Best Budget||Check Price!|
|PUR FM-3700 Advanced||100||Best for Lead Removal||Check Price!|
|iSpring DF2-CHR||500||Best Long-lasting||Check Price!|
|Instapure F8 Ultra||100||Best Design & Features||Check Price!|
|Culligan FM-15A||200||Best for Compact-size Lover||Check Price!|
|DuPont WFFM100XCH||100||Great Overall||Check Price!|
|Culligan FM-100-C||200||Great Budget||Check Price!|
|Brita Tap||100||Budget A. for Lead Removal||Check Price!|
Here’re the answers for the frequent asked questions about faucet mount water filter:
Simple, because the most common material used in a water filter is carbon, so it’s completely normal if your first few rounds of filtered water is black color (that’s the color of carbon isn’t?) or have black dots (that means the carbon is newly manufactured from the factory, it’s a burned wood right?).
I know, a lot of bad product reviews is talking about this matter, just ignore those reviews unless they mentioned after a few hours of usage is still the same (and with proof).
TDS meter is only used to estimate the total dissolved solids in the water, based on the conductivity in water.
That means the minerals in the water will contribute to TDS value too, and most faucet water filter is not designed to remove those.
In short, the TDS meter is only suitable to use to estimate effectiveness of Reverse Osmosis water filter.
There are many bad reviews are given because of this matter, due to the lack of correct understanding about TDS meter readings from users.
Really, I feel pity for the seller who received those unfair bad reviews.
The answer is no.
I have seen many people used a TDS meter or TDS pen to measure Total Dissolved Solids in their water without knowing what is really being measured.
In short, what TDS meter measured is the electrical conductivity (EC) in water (pure H2O has virtually zero EC), and then times the EC value by a factor between 0.5 to 1 (set by the manufacturer) to estimates the TDS (which is not the real Total Dissolved Solids in water).
For instances, dissolved organic solids (eg: sugar) and microscopic solid particles (eg: colloids) are not measurable by the TDS meter because they do not affect the water conductivity significantly.
The accurate way to measure the actual TDS in water is to evaporate the water and then weighing the dissolved residue left.
Not absolutely but is recommended if it’s a reputable brand in term of product safety, quality control and customer support.
As we discussed earlier, the important parts of considering a water filter are about the material of the components, where the components are manufactured, and the functionality of the filter system.
So more importantly, choose a water filter which all its components are manufactured by reputable companies with strict material control and strict quality control (eg: US-based manufacturers).
The answer is no, but it’s recommended to have NSF certified for all components that have contact with water (especially for smaller brands).
NSF is a certification system and not a quality control system, so it can’t guarantee the filter performance in the long run and the quality of your filter when it’s manufactured (since thousands of filters are being manufactured and shipped to customers directly without going through NSF).
You can measure the pressure drop by installing pressure gauges before and after the filter.
When the filter cartridge is new, run the water filtration system and write down the difference of pressure reading (let’s say 2 psi). Then measure again after a few months, you’ll notice the pressure difference is increasing, let’s say to 7 psi.
When the difference of 2 pressure gauges reading reach about 15, it’s time to change the filter cartridge (or wash if it’s washable).
Alright, you’ve just gone through the 10 best faucet water filter reviews that are carefully picked and I hope you already found the best one for your home by now.
As you can see, the benefits of having a faucet water filter are significant and the cons are almost none.
Trust me, getting a water filtration system for your home is crucial to keep your family members healthy, that’s the most important decision you can make today if you yet to own one.
Back to you, which faucet mount water filter are you going to buy for your home?
79 61 23 44