Looking for the best water filtration sreverystem for well water?
You are in the right place.
With over 10 years of experience in the water treatment industry, I’ve built a complete whole house well water filtration system for my house.
I’ll show you the complete setup in this wells water purifier review and guide you on how to build the best well water filtration system for your home.
Disclosure: BrizFeel is a participant of Amazon Associate program.
The Best Well Water Filtration System Setup – Expert’s Picks
- Sediment Filters
- Water Softeners
- Whole House Water Filtration System
- UV Sterilizer Filter
- HQUA UV Sterilizer Water Filter – Best UV Sterilizer
- Reverse Osmosis System
- Shower Filter
- Water Faucet Filter
- Outdoor Reverse Osmosis System
- Hydro-Logic Evolution RO1000 – Best High-Flow RO System
Why Do You Need Well Water Filtration System for Home
Water in wells contain a certain amount of contaminants, and these harmful contaminants may cause gastrointestinal illness like diarrhea, nausea, and vomiting, and more serious health issues like cancer, reproductive problems, and neurological problems.
I believe none of you want that to happen to you and your family right?
And that’s the main reason why you need a well water filtration system, to remove the harmful contaminants and purify the well water for your daily usage, whether is drinking, showering and washing.
The Best Whole House Well Water Filtration System Reviews & Setup
I’m going to show you the ideal whole house water filtration system for well water, it’s a complete solution, and you are free to swap out the filters depending on your well water quality and usage.
Here’s the most complete whole house well water filtration system:
After going through the whole house water filtration system, the well water is now clean and entering your inner house plumbing system.
But it doesn’t mean it’s good enough for drinking purposes, and that’s why you need a few point-of-use (POU) water filtration systems for the best purity water.
Now the indoor water filtration system is complete.
But if you need high purify RO water for outdoor purposes like gardening, planting, and others, you’ll need to install a high-flow water filtration system for a large volume of outdoor water usage.
For outdoor purposes like gardening, planting, etc.
Now you have the most complete well water filtration solution and produce the purest and healthiest water to your family for every purpose – drinking, showering, washing, gardening, etc.)
Your family health will never be the same again, start enjoying the healthiest lifestyle with the purest and healthiest water.
Best Sediment Filters in Well Water Filtration System [Review]
For the first line of defense, it would be a sediment filter.
Depending on your well water quality, if it contains a medium to a high concentration of sediments, I’d suggest using 2 sediment filters back to back with different filtration sizes to get rid of sediment particles before they reach the rest well water filtration system and plumbing pipes.
By doing this, you can extend the lifespan of the rest filters (which are more expensive), and make the whole filtration process more efficient.
Recommended Sediment Filters for Well Water:
- iSpring WSP100ARB Reusable Spin-down Filter – Best well water sediment filter
- Rusco 2″ Spin Down Sediment Water Filter – High-flow sediment filter
- Aquaboon 4.5” x 20″ Whole House Well Water Filter – Best sediment filter housing
1. iSpring Reusable Spin-down Filter [Review] – Best Well Water Sediment Filter
- Effectively remove sediments, rust, sand, and large particles
- 100-Micron food-grade stainless steel mesh filter
- Flushable and reusable
- Up to 35 GPM flow rate
- Touch-screen auto flushing module
- Built-in Scraper
- High capacity filter
- Transparent housing for easy monitoring
- Pressure-resistant and durable materials
The iSpring WSP100ARB is a reusable spin down sediment filter with a scraper and auto flushing feature.
You can use the HD touch screen to enable auto flushing feature and let the filter to flush itself automatically on a preset schedule.
The spin-down sediment filter is simple to install and flushable, which makes it a great well water filter before the pressure tank.
2. Rusco 2″ Spin Down Sediment Water Filter [Review] – Best High-Flow Sediment Filter
This is a flushable spin down sediment filter for well water that filters out sand and sediments without the need to replace filter cartridges.
It’s like a well water filtration system with a backwash feature, and you can flush it regularly to keep up the performance.
With 100 mesh high-impact molded polyester mesh filter screen to effectively block out sediments with size larger than 149 microns.
You can also monitor the trapped sediments from the transparent polycarbonate housing.
The 2-inch slip fit PVC inlet and outlet head provides a high flow rate of 100 GPM,
3. Aquaboon 4.5 x 20″ Whole House Well Water Filter System [Review] – Best Sediment Filter Housing
The Aquaboon big blue 4.5 x 20″ well water filter system (whole house) is suitable for heavy-sediment well water.
The opaque blue sump is made from polypropylene which is strong and resistant to chemicals, and the black cap is made from high-flow polypropylene for stiffness.
The large capacity sediment filter cartridge allows it to collect more sediments before you need to replace a new one.
Besides, the filter housing is sealed tightly with double O-ring to prevent leaking.
Best Water Softeners for Well Water Filtration System [Review]
If your well water is hard, then you should install a water softener to reduce the hardness level and soften the water to prevent scale buildup and stain.
Recommended Water Softeners for Well Water:
- Fleck 5600SXT 64,000 Grain Water Softener Whole House System – Best Water Softener for Well Water
- AFWFilters 96,000 Grain Dual Tank Water Softener w/ Fleck 9100SXT – Best Dual Tank Water Softener for Well Water
1. Fleck 5600SXT 64,000 Grain Water Softener Whole House System [Review] – Best Water Softener for Well Water
- 64,000 grains high capacity resin pre-loaded in the tank
- Fleck 5600 SXT Digital Metered Water Softener
- Pentair mineral and brine tanks (made in the USA)
- Soften the hard water that causes scale buildup
- Ultra-efficient digital-on-demand water softener valve for salt and water savings
- Built-in capacitor keeps memory up to 48 hours if the power failed
The Fleck 5600SXT 64,000 Grain Water Softener is a complete whole house water softening unit with high-efficiency Fleck 5600 SXT Metered control valve and large capacity resin.
The Fleck 5600 SXT Metered Control valve regenerates only when it needs to, based on the measured water usage, which makes the whole process highly efficient and saves you a lot of salt and water!
This softener removes the hardness level in well water by using a process called ion exchange.
The ion exchange process will remove calcium and magnesium ions from the well water, hence extending the life of the main water filters, plumbing system, and home appliances, and prevent scale buildup in your toilets and appliances.
It also comes with a Pentair Scan and Service Application, which allows you tos see the important information about your water softener at the touch of your fingertips.
The water softener system is made in the USA and ships with the pre-loaded mineral tank.
2. AFWFilters Dual Tank Water Softener 96,000 grain with Fleck 9100SXT [Review] – Best Dual Tank Water Softener for Well Water
- Dual alternating tanks avoid running out of soft water
- Large capacity resin
- Treat high hardness level of well water
- High water flow rate
- Efficient digital system for saving salt and water usage
- Easy to install
AFWFilters WS-96k-91SXT Dual Tank Water Softener with Fleck 9100SXT Digital Metered Control is a complete whole house water softener system that is designed to remove hard water and prevent scale forming.
The digital metered design measures water usage and regenerates as needed to save salts and water.
Best Whole House Water Filtration System for Well Water [Review]
To supply clean and safe water to your house for daily usage, you’ll need a great performance whole house water filtration system.
Recommended Whole House Filtration System for Well Water:
- Express Water Heavy Metal Whole House Water Filter – Best Overall
- Aquasana Rhino Whole House Water Filter with UV Purifier & Salt-Free Descaler – Best Purification
- Home Master Whole House Water Filter – Best for Well Water
1. Express Water Heavy Metal Whole House Water Filter [Review] – Best Overall
- Strong filtration performance against sediments, chlorine, chloramine, volatile organic compounds (VOCs), heavy metals, sulfur, hydrogen sulfate, fungi, etc.
- Fast water filtration rate at 15 GPM with no pressure loss
- High filter capacity that lasts up to 100,000 gallons or 12 months
- Quick and easy filter replacement
- The 1st-stage housing is translucent for easy monitoring
- With 3 pressure gauges & release buttons
The Express Water Heavy Metal WH300SCKS is a 3-stage whole-home filtration system that is designed to remove and reduce a wide range of harmful contaminants like lead, iron, mercury, nickel, copper, sulfur, hydrogen sulfate, fungi, rust, silt, chlorine, chloramine, volatile organic compounds (VOCs), herbicides, pesticides, insecticides, cadmium, chromium, viruses, turbidity, cloudiness, and many more.
Here are the 3 stages of filtration:
This point-of-entry whole house system is capable to supply a large volume of clean water to the entire house to protect you and your family from showering with harsh chlorine and appliances breakdown due to water contaminants.
For convenience, the first filter housing is translucent so you can see your filter and know when it needs to be replaced without dismantling the system.
Besides, all the components and filters are independentlyw tested and verified to meet NSF/ANSI standards.
So, let’s start using clean and healthy water for your house, family members, pets, plants, appliances, clothes, cooking, showering, and more!
2. Aquasana Rhino Whole House Water Filter with UV Purifier & Salt-Free Descaler [Review] – Best Purification
- Effectively remove and reduce harmful contaminants like chlorine, VOCs, pesticides, herbicides, lead, mercury, bacteria, and viruses
- With a salt-free water conditioner to soften the water
- With a UV filter to kill microorganisms like bacteria and viruses
- Ultra-long filter life up to 1 million gallons of filtration or 10 years
- Up to 7 GPM water filtration rate
- Unique Upflow, Dual-tank design
- Easy maintenance
The Aquasana Rhino EQ-1000-AST-UV is an ultra-high capacity whole house well water filtration system that comes with a salt-free Scale Control Media (SCM) and UV purifier to maximize the filtration performance while keeping the essential minerals in the water.
It’s a high-performance whole house water filter and softener combo for well water.
Here’s the breakdown of this powerful whole house water filtration system:
This powerful filtration system supplies clean water to your entire house, allowing you to get healthier skin and hair from showering.
Besides, the salt-free water conditioner can prevent scale forming to protect your home plumbing system and appliances, which make it a great water filtration system for salt and hardness.
To maintain a high water flow rate, the pre-filter and post-filter need to be replaced every 3 months.
3. Home Master HMF3SDGFEC Whole House Water Filter [Review] – Best for Well Water
- Effectively remove sediments, chemicals, iron, manganese, sulfur smell, chlorine taste and odor, pesticides, herbicides, and more contaminants.
- Down to 1-micron filtration with a multi-gradient density sediment filter.
- Up to 15 GPM (gallons per minute) water flow rate.
- Large capacity coconut shell carbon filter
- Replace every 100,000 gallons or 12 months.
The Home Master HMF3SDGFEC is a 3-stage whole house water filter that consists of a multi-gradient sediment filter, a radial flow iron, manganese, and sulfur reduction filter, and a radial flow carbon filter which make it the ideal point of entry filtration system for your home.
Here’s the breakdown of each filter stage and its function:
The combination provides strong filtration against sediments, iron, manganese, chemicals, sulfur, bad taste and odor, bacterial, and more contaminants which make it the perfect whole house filter for non-chlorinated well water with pH level above 7.0 and no iron bacteria.
Tip: To know the well water condition, you may get your well water analysis from the lab before buying.
Besides, the 1-inch ports housing provide high-pressure water and fast flow rate up to 15 GPM for simultaneous water needs.
Also, the large capacity filters allowed it to last for 12 months which reduces your maintenance frequency and cost.
Best UV Sterilizer Filter for Well Water Filtration [Review]
Ultraviolet is one of the most effective and recommended ways to treat harmful microorganisms like bacteria, mold, and viruses in the well water.
Make sure you put the UV filter after the sediment filters as the particles will shatter the UV light and make it less effective.
Recommended UV Sterilizer Filter:
- HQUA UV Sterilizer Water Filter – Best UV Sterilizer for Well Water
HQUA-OWS-12 Ultraviolet Whole House Water Purifier Filter – Best UV Sterilizer for Well Water
- Effectively kill 99.99% of harmful microorganisms
- 12 GPM rated water flow
- Easy installation
- High-quality 304 stainless steel & quartz glass material
- Last for 12 months
This UV filter is capable of destroying 99.99% of microorganisms like E.Cole, Giardia, and Cryptosporidium which are commonly found in well water.
Ultraviolet is a chemical-free and environmentally friendly physical process to treat dangerous microbes in water sources.
The UV light will damage the DNA of microorganisms and render them harmless.
When the well water passes through the reactor chamber, the UV lamp inside it will destroy all the microbes in the chamber.
The UV sterilizer filter is rated at 12 GPM.
Best Reverse Osmosis System for Well Water Filtration [Review]
To further purify the water for drinking purposes, you’ll need a Reverse Osmosis system to greatly reduce the TDS level and contaminants in the water.
Recommended Reverse Osmosis System for Well Water:
- Home Master TMHP HydroPerfection Reverse Osmosis System – Best Overall
- Waterdrop WD-G3-W Tankless RO Water Filter – Best Tankless Reverse Osmosis
- APEC Top Tier Supreme RO-PH90 – Best Value RO system
1. Home Master TMHP HydroPerfection Reverse Osmosis System [Review] – Best Overall
- Effectively remove 98% of heavy metals, iron, and more contaminants in well water
- Full Contact technology adds calcium and magnesium minerals twice for better taste
- Long-lasting filters up to 12 months of 2,000 gallons of water
- Included an iron pre-filter to protect the RO memfe
- UV filter destroys harmful microorganisms like bacteria and viruses in well water
- Permeate Pump maximize the water pressure for better water efficiency
- Modular design for easy filter replacements
The Home Master HydroPerfection is a 9-stage Reverse Osmosis system that filters purifies, sterilizes, and enhances incoming water to produce pure, clean, and healthy drinking water.
It can effectively remove 98% of sediment, heavy metals, iron, hydrogen sulfide, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, dissolved solids, herbicides, pesticides. chloramines, chlorine, and more harmful contaminants from the water.
The RO system also comes with an iron pre-filter that contains a redox media KDF85 to protect the RO membrane from dissolved iron that is commonly found in well water.
One common problem faced by most traditional Reverse Osmosis systems is the wastewater ratio, typically at 4:1 to 3:1, meaning about 3 to 4 liter of water is wasted in producing 1 liter of RO water.
But the Home Master HydroPerfection innovative design solves this problem with its permeate pump, resulting in an up to 50% increase in water production rate and up to 80% reduction in water waste.
The ultraviolet (UV) light sterilization chamber will kill 99.99% of microorganisms to protect your family’s health.
Remineralization improves water’s pH level and taste and prevents storage tank degradation with non-acidic mineralized RO water. The water is mineralized before entering the storage tank and before reaching the water faucet.
The modular filter design solves the leaking and biofilm build-up issue with canister filter housing design.
In canister filter housing design, only the filters are replaced but not the housing, so eventually, the biofilm and microorganisms can accumulate in the canister housing, causing leaking issues. While for the modular filter design, the entire filter and housing are disposable, so you just need to get a whole new set as a replacement.
The good news is, the whole system can last up to 12 months or 2,000 gallons of water.
Real User Reviews:
More positive reviews:
“A month after installation I’m completely satisfied and thrilled with the performance of this system.”
“Six weeks after installation the system is humming along flawlessly producing amazing, great tasting water and ice”
“If you’re looking for the best tasting water, get this RO system. It re-mineralizes the water. I think it tastes similar to Fiji bottled water and Fiji is one of my favorites.”
“The quality of the water produced by the system is incredible.”
“The water is delicious! I’m so pleased. Pressure is awesome. It’s so good I routinely underestimate it in the morning and spray water all over myself lol”
2. Waterdrop WD-G3-W Tankless RO Water Filter [Review] – Best Tankless Reverse Osmosis
- Effectively remove 99% of major contaminants in tap water
- Tankless design
- An intelligent water filtration system
- Quick and easy installation
- Quick 1-turn filter change
- Space efficient
- Fast water filtration rate of 400 GDP
- Efficient wastewater to clean water ratio of 1:1
- Cool design
- Smart faucet
The Waterdrop WD-G3-W is an innovative high-performance tankless Reverse Osmosis water filtration system that’s capable to remove most contaminants in tap water with filtration size down to 0.0001um.
With the combination of sediment filter, activated carbon, and reverse osmosis technology, this water filtration system can effectively remove a wide range of contaminants such as chlorine taste and odor, heavy metals (eg: lead, mercury, copper), carcinogens (eg: cadmium, chromium), microorganisms (eg: cysts, bacteria), Inorganic contaminants (eg: arsenic, fluoride), organic contaminants (benzene, lindane), total dissolved solids (TDS), turbidity, and more.
Here’s the breakdown of the Waterdrop 3-stage water filtration system:
Moreover, the tankless design takes up less space and protects the system from secondary pollution like bacteria growth.
Also, with the help of an internal pump, this tankless RO system is producing pure water at 400 GPD rate, which is about 5 times most Reverse Osmosis system in the market, no more waiting time for filling up your water bottle or cup.
The water efficiency is another factor to consider this tankless Reverse Osmosis system. With wastewater to clean water ratio of 1:1, it can save a lot of water and reduce your water bill.
Note: You need to flush the whole system for at least 30 minutes or 8.5 gallons of water after installation. Alternatively, you may flush and wait until the blue light on the faucet stop flashing.
3. APEC Top Tier Supreme RO-PH90 [Review] – Best Value
- 6-stages reverse osmosis drinking water filter system
- High flow rate at 90 GPD
- Improved water taste by raising pH level and neutralizing acidity in the water
- Provide high-purity mineralized drinking water with calcite remineralization
Come with 100% lead-free and metal premium designer faucet and FDA Certified JG food grade tubing for safe and contamination-free drinking water.
Come with 100% US-made high-purity calcium carbonate to enhance pH in the water, which great for those who looking for alkaline water.
Also, the APEC Top Tier Supreme RO-PH90 water filter comes with 2 years manufacturer warranty and lifetime support to provide you with peace of mind.
Capable to remove 99% of contaminants including chlorine, lead, bacteria, fluoride, virus, heavy metal, arsenic, and more.
Nonetheless, the water filter is WQA certified.
Best Shower Filter for Well Water Filtration System [Review]
After the main whole house water filtration system, the water is clean and safe.
But, when the water travels in the house plumbing system, it may carry up some leaching contaminants like rust, lead, and chemical along the way to your shower head.
So, to have the cleanest and rejuvenating water for your showering session, you may install shower filters for your bathrooms.
I’ve filtered and hand-picked the top 2 best shower filters for you:
- AquaBliss SF100 Revitalizing Shower Filter – Best Shower Filter
- AquaHomeGroup AHG12S Luxury Shower Head Filter – Best Shower Head Filter
1. AquaBliss SF100 Revitalizing Shower Filter [Review] – Best Filtration Shower Filter
- 12-Stage water filtrations and rejuvenations remove harmful contaminants and restore damaged skin, hair, and nails at the same time
- Inhibits the growth of mold, fungi, scale, and algae
- Prevent dry itchy skin, red rash, scrap dandruff, eczema, brittle nails, and hair fallout after bath
- Soften hard water
- Balance water pH level with beneficial minerals
- Lasts for 12,000 gallons of filtration or 6 months
- Fit all shower types
The AquaBliss SF100 is a 12-stage shower filter that consists of sediment filters, KDF 55, calcium sulfite, activated carbon, and ceramic balls to deliver maximum water filtration and revitalization to nourish your hair, skin, and nails.
The shower filter can effectively remove and reduce contaminants like chlorine taste and odor, pesticides, lead, nickel, mercury, chromium, and bacteria at the same time preventing the growth of scale, mold, fungi, and algae.
Here’s the breakdown of the 12 stages of water filtration:
2. AquaHomeGroup AHG12S Luxury Shower Head Filter [Review] – Best Shower Head Filter
- 15 stages of water filtration and revitalization
- Remove sediments, chlorine, heavy metals, and more contaminants
- Revitalizing body with beneficial minerals
- Comes with premium metal shower head
- Internal filter cartridge with Vitamin C+E
- Quick and easy installation
- Lasts up to 6 months of usage for a family of four
- Fit all shower types
The AquaHomeGroup AHG12S Luxury Shower Head Filter is a 15-stage premium quality shower head filter that can effectively remove harmful contaminants in water, reduce water hardness, and infuse beneficial Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and minerals into the water to provide you a rejuvenating showering session.
Here are the 15 stages of filtration and rejuvenation:
Best Water Faucet Filter for Well Water Filtration System [Review]
If you want to ensure the water coming out from the faucet is free frdom contaminants and chemicals, faucet filters are a great solution.
The faucet filters act as the last line of defense to block any contaminant coming out from the faucet, giving you clean water for daily usages like washing food ingredients, plates, hands, and face.
Here are the two best faucet water filters:
1. Engdenton Faucet Water Filter [Review] – Best Overall
- Incorporate an Activated Carbon Fiber (ACF) filter to remove rust, sand, chlorine, bad taste, and more contaminants
- Made with food-grade 304 stainless steel housing for leak-proof, cracking-proof, and durability
- High water flow rate from 0.5 to 0.8 gallons per minute
- Simple and quick installation
- Replace every 6 months or 320 gallons of water
The Engdenton faucet water filter is a high-flow ACF filter encapsulated with high-quality food-grade 304 stainless steel housing that can effectively filter out unwanted contaminants in water with its 0.5 microns filtration.
The ACF filter itself is anti-bacteria to ensure clean and safe drinkable water for your family.
The fast water flow rate is a bonus as you don’t have to wait long to fill up your bottle or cup.
2. Waterdrop WD-FC-01 Faucet Water Filter [Review] – Best Value
- Effectively reduce 93% of chlorine, lead, fluoride, and more contaminants
- High filtration rate at 0.5 GPM
- Long-lasting filter life up to 320 gallons of water filtration or 3 months of usage
- Leak-proof technology
- Simple switching mechanism between filtered and unfiltered water
- Compatible with most standard faucets
- Incompatible with hand-held, pull-out, spray style, and sensor type faucets
The Waterdrop WD-FC-01 faucet water filter is a multi-stage filtration system with activated carbon fiber (ACF) that is capable to reduce lead, fluoride, chlorine, and more contaminants in tap water.
Here’s the breakdown of the filtration layers:
Want extra saving? Buy from Waterdrop official website here. Use code “BRIZFEEL5” during checkout for additional 5% discount!
Best Outdoor Reverse Osmosis System for Well Water Filtration [Review]
If you are looking for RO water for your lawn and gardening use, I’d highly recommend the Hydro-Logic 31023 1000-GPD Evolution RO1000 High Flow RO System.
Hydro-Logic 31023 1000-GPD Evolution RO1000 High Flow RO System [Review] – Best High-Flow RO System
- High filtration rate at 1000 GPD
- High efficient 2:1 waste to filtered water ratio
- Effectively remove a majority of contaminants in water
- Hugely reduce TDS level in the water
- Durable polypropylene material
- Tankless RO system
The Hydro-Logic 31023 Evolution RO1000 is a 1,000 GPD high flow RO system that can be used for high volume RO water applications like gardening.
With 1,000 GPD production rate, you don’t have to wait for hours to water your garden, but minutes.
How to Setup the Best Well Water Filtration System for Whole House [Guide]
To set up the best well water filtration system for home, there are few things you need to look into:
- Well water quality
- Water usage
Well Water Quality
To know the water quality of your well, you can either get a water test report from a local water laboratory or based on the water study report from your area.
By knowing the quality of your well water, it helps in getting the correct water filter.
For instance, the best well water filtration system for iron doesn’t mean it can treat other contaminants like chemicals, mercury, lead, and manganese well.
If your well water contains microorganisms, you’ll need ultraviolet (UV) filter or high-performance RO system to kill them.
And if the well water is hard, then you’ll need a well water salt filter system or water softener to reduce the water hardness.
Based on our research data, well water may contain a certain level of sediments, heavy metals like iron, VOCs, hardness like calcium and magnesium, microorganisms like bacteria and viruses, manganese, turbidity, and sulfur smell.
So if you have a whole house well water filtration system that takes care of these harmful contaminants in well water, then you don’t have to worry about getting ill due to contaminated water.
If your house water usage is high, I’ll recommend you to choose those filters with a larger capacity and a higher flow rate, so that you don’t have to replace them that often or experience low water pressure during simultaneous use.
Also, it’s better to use double sediment filters with different filtration sizes to make the whole sediment filtration process more efficient.
The well water filtration system cost is one of the main considerations for most people.
Because a powerful well water filter system costs a lot, which makes the consumers think twice before they buy, even though they need it.
Sometimes, you may need to compromise some features and performance for a lower cost.
Wondering what’s the cost of a well water filtration system?
A cusaomplete high-performance well water filtration system may cost more than $2,000 as the initial investment. While a complete medium-performance well water filtration system may cost about $1,000 to $2,000.
For an entry-level water filtration system for home with well, you can start with below $1,000.
Most of the time, a higher performance comes with a higher cost, but clean and healthy water is highly important for your family’s health, so I’ll advise you to stretch your budget a little bit, and let it guide your purchase decision.
At a minimum, you should have a basic well water filtration system for the home.
The Complete Well Water Filtration System Diagram
Here’s the well water filter system diagram to guide you in understanding the whole well filtration system work.
My Complete Well Water Filtration System Setup
Here’s my line of multi-stage well water filtration system setup:
Of course, I’m quite particular on water quality, and you don’t have to follow me, just to show you one of the ideal water filtration system setups with gradient micron ratings for the best efficiency.
Well Water Filtration System Maintenance Tips
If you want your whole house well water filtration system working in top condition, you’ll need to maintain it periodically.
No worry, it won’t be hard.
First is the sediment filter, make sure to check out the trapped sediments regularly and flush it if needed.
Second, keep track of the filters’ replacement time by noting down the estimated replacement date (could be every 3, 6, or 12 months, etc.).
This is important as overused filters can do more harm than good.
To save the maintenance hassles, you can opt for larger capacity filtration systems or filters with auto-maintenance features like auto-flushing.
Next, if you notice any water pressure drop, check out the whole well water filtration line to see if there’s any leaking.
To prevent leaking, make sure the well water filtration system installation is done correctly following the guide from the manufacturer.
If you have no basic plumbing skill, I’ll suggest you hire a professional plumber to do the job.
Here’s the summary of all featured water filters from the above wells water purifier review:
|iSpring Spin-down||Sediment||Best for Well Water||Check|
|Rusco 2″ Spin Down||Sediment||Best High-Flow||Check|
|Aquaboon 20″ Filter System||Sediment||Best Filter Housing||Check|
|Fleck 5600SXT 64k Grain||Softener||Best for Well Water||Check|
|AFWFilters Dual Tank 96k||Softener||Best Dual Tank||Check|
|Express Water Heavy Metal||Whole House||Best Overall||Check|
|Aquasana w/ UV & Descaler||Whole House||Best Purification||Check|
|Home Master HMF3SDGFEC||Whole House||Best for Well Water||Check|
|HQUA-OWS-12 UV Filter||Ultraviolet||Best UV Sterilizer||Check|
|Home Master TMHP||RO||Best Overall||Check|
|Waterdrop WD-G3-W||RO||Best Tankless RO||Check|
|APEC Top Tier RO-PH90||RO||Best Value||Check|
|AquaBliss SF100 Filter||Shower||Best Revitalizing||Check|
|AquaHomeGroup AHG12S||Shower||Best Shower Head||Check|
|Engdenton Faucet Filter||Faucet||Best Overall||Check|
|Waterdrop WD-FC-01||Faucet||Best Value||Check|
|Hydro-Logic RO1000||Outdoor RO||Best High-Flow RO||Check|
1. What is the best whole house well water filtration system?
These are the top 3 whole house filtration system for well water:
1. Express Water Heavy Metal 3-Stage
2. Aquasana w/ UV Purifier & Salt-Free Descaler
3. Home Master HMF3SDGFEC 3-Stage Whole House
2. What is the best well water filtration system
A complete well water filtration system should consist of a sediment pre-filter, a main whole house filtration system, a Reverse Osmosis system for drinking purpose, a softener if the water is hard, and a UV filter if the well water contains microorganisms.
3. Why does my well water filter turn black?
It could be due to the manganese or black sediments in well water. Besides, turbidity can be the culprit as well.
4. How well water filtration systems work?
The well water filtration system uses multiple filters that remove a specific type of contaminants from the well water, leaving you a clean and purified water for daily use.
5. What is the best way to filter well water?
The best way is to use a water filtration system that’s effective to remove potential contaminants in well water.
6. How much is a filtration system for well water?
The basic filtration system would cost less than $1,000, a medium-range well filtration system costs between $1,000 to $2,000, and a high-performance well water purification system costs more than $2,000.
7. Should I filter well water?
Yes. Unfiltered well water can cause a lot of issues to your whole plumbing system, appliances, fixtures, and your health. The sediments like rust and iron may damage your plumbing system, the hardness will form white scales on your bathroom floor and damage your expensive electric appliances, and the pathogens and microorganism will negatively impact your health.
8. Can well water make you sick?
Yes. Harmful contaminants in well water may cause gastrointestinal illnesses like diarrhea, nausea, and vomiting, and more serious health issues like cancer, reproductive problems, and neurological problems.
9. Is it okay to drink well water?
Only drink the filtered well water, as the unfiltered well water may contain harmful contaminants like bacteria and viruses.
10. What kind of filter is best for well water?
The sediment filter, Reverse Osmosis filter, ultraviolet (UV) filter, activated carbon filter, and KDF85 filter is effective in removing contaminants in well water.
Clean and healthy water is crucial to human beings, and that’s the reason why you need the best well water filtration system for your house.
The health benefits of purified water to your family is priceless.
So what are you waiting for?
Go ahead and set up the best well water filtration system for home now.
- Top 10 Best Undersink Water Filter
- Top 10 Reverse Osmosis System for Home
- Best Bottom Load Water Dispenser
177 234 79 23