Looking for a water dispenser and cooler?
I’ve researched and reviewed more than 30 water dispensers from various brands to come out with this top 6 best bottom load water dispenser list.
The intensive research is also backed by my 10 years+ of experience in the water treatment industry.
So I’m sure you can find one here for your lovely home or office because these are the best ever in the market based on my tens of hours of hard work.
Disclosure: BrizFeel is a participant of Amazon Associate program.
Top 6 Best Bottom Load Water Dispenser – Expert’s Picks
Why Choose a Bottom Load Water Dispenser
Here are four reasons why you should choose a bottom loading water dispenser and cooler.
No plumbing work is required due to its freestanding design and bottom loading water bottle.
Just put the water dispenser in any place you want, connect it to the power supply, slide in the water bottle, and connect it with the water line to start enjoying clean drinking water.
No Water Source Is Needed
Without the need to connect to a water source, that means you have no restriction on water dispenser placement.
You can put it everywhere in your house, whether it is the bedroom, living room, kitchen corner, and corridor.
With the bottom-loading design, it looks more elegant with the concealed water bottle.
No more giant plastic water bottles in your eye sights!
Easy Water Bottle Replacement
No more struggling to pick up heavy water bottles for replacements.
No more accidental spills when changing water bottles.
Simply slide the water bottle into the bottom cabinet and connect it to the waterline and you are done!
Make your life easy with a bottom load water cooler.
easy bottle replacements, as the bottom load cabinet conveniently keeps your bottle safely tucked away.
The 6 Best Bottom Load Water Dispenser Reviews
Here are the strictly picked top 6 best bottom load water dispenser for you home or office.
1. Brio Moderna Bottom Loading Water Cooler [Review] – Best Overall
- Personalized hot and cold water temperature
- Touch control panel
- Sleek & elegant design
- Tri-temperature water output (hot, cold, and room temperature)
- Self-cleaning ozone feature to eliminate bacteria and biofilms
- Safety Child-Lock 2-step dispensing on the hot-water spout
- Built-in LED night light for filling in the dark
- Smart electronic display notification for low water level
- Bottom loading for easy refills
- Made from premium stainless-steel material
- UL Energy Star Approved
The bottom loading feature saves you from lifting the heavy water bottles to refill the tank, and it can prevent accidental spills as well.
Unlike top loading water dispensers that have the water bottle on top, this bottom loading water dispenser keeps the water bottle hidden inside a nice-looking cabinet.
And with the self-cleaning ozone technology, you can sanitize the water tank and lines with just a touch of a button to ensure no bacteria and biofilms.
Also, the 304 premium quality stainless steel material makes this a durable water dispenser for years of use at home and office.
2. Brio Self Cleaning Bottom Loading Water Cooler [Review] – Best Value
- 3 temperature settings (crisp cold, room-temperature and piping hot output)
- Child safety lock feature
- Bottom loading
- Maintain the cleanliness of the cooler with the Ozone Self-Cleaning feature
- UL/Energy Star approved
- Nightlight feature gives visibility in the dimmest settings
- Made from high-quality stainless steel material
This Brio Water Cooler is an energy star bottom load water dispenser with a self-cleaning feature to maintain its cleanliness with minimal effort.
Just simply press the self-cleaning ozone button and let the unit take care of the rest.
For a water dispenser, it’s easy for the last drop of water to fall out of the spout after you’ve removed your glass, so the removable drip tray does come in handy to collect the drops.
The body is made from high-quality 304 stainless steel for durability and sleek finish look.
With the night light illumination feature, you’ll never have to worry about overfill or spill water when refilling your cup at night or in a dim environment.
Have a child in the house? No worry, the water dispenser comes with the 2-step child-safety lock to prevent any accidents from occurring and gives you a peace of mind in owning the unit.
3. Rinkmo Bottom Load Water Dispenser – Best UV Self-Cleaning
- Bottom load for easy bottle replacements
- Built-in self-cleaning UV (ultra-violet) for extra protection daily.
- Tri-temperature output (choose between crisp cold, room-temperature and piping hot output)
- Nightlight feature for water filling in the dimmest settings.
- Compatible with 3-5 gallon bottle
- Child-safety lock to prevent accidental dispense of hot water.
- Durable steel frame
- Removable drip tray
The Rinkmo bottom load water dispenser comes with a built-in ultraviolet (UV) lamp.
When dispensing, the water must flow through the built-in UV light for disinfection to ensure no harmful microorganism in the water before drinking.
UV light sterilization is a physical process that doesn’t alter the taste or odor of water.
This water coolor is built with food grade 304 stainless steel heating tank and suction hose to resist corrosion and rustiness for a longer lifespan.
4. Primo hTRiO Water Cooler (White) with Single Serve Brewing – Best Water Dispenser with K-Cup
- Brews single-serve beverages using K-Cup pods (6/8/10 oz.)
- The built-in storage tray holds up to 20 K-Cup pods.
- Reusable coffee filter for use of your coffee grounds
- Dispense piping-hot and ice-cold water on demand
- Convenient paddle controls
- Child safety lock for the hot water spout
- Bottom loading design for easy bottle replacements
- Stainless steel water reservoirs for durability
- UL Certified/Energy Star Rated
Primo hTRiO bottom load water dispenser with single-serve brewing allows you to enjoy great-tasting hot beverages like coffee, tea, chocolate, and cappuccino on demand.
It’s just like a bottom load water dispenser with a coffee maker.
It has built-in storage that can store up to 20 K-Cup pods and a reusable coffee filter for use with your coffee grounds.
5. Avalon Limited Edition Water Cooler [Review] – Great Bottom Load Water Dispenser
- Three temperature water outputs – piping hot, cool, and crisp cold
- Self-cleaning ozone feature – Sanitizes and purifies the water dispenser
- Built-in Nightlight
- Bottom loading design
- Child safety lock
- UL/Energy Star Approved
Avalon Bottom Load Water Cooler is built with a premium stainless steel body with easy-to-use push-button spouts.
The self-cleaning ozone function will automatically clean the dispenser’s water tank with the injection of ozone by the press of a button.
6. Primo Deluxe Water Cooler [Review] – Best Budget Bottom Load Water Dispenser
- Dispense hot, cold, and cool water
- Safety child-lock feature
- Durable stainless steel reservoirs, door panel, and drip tray
- Bottom loading design
- Compatible with 3/5 gallon water bottle
- UL/Energy Star rated
The Primo Deluxe bottom loading water cooler is designed for every household and office to enjoy tri-temperature water on demand.
It can easily fit into any corner in your home or office with no installation required, just connect it to a 3 or 5-gallon water bottle to start getting clean drinking water.
How to Choose the Best Bottom Load Water Dispenser for Your Home or Office [Buying Guide]
Wanted to buy a bottom load water dispenser but don’t know how to pick the right one?
Basically, there are 3 things you need to consider.
Other than getting hot and cold water on demand, think about what else the features you need?
For instance, do you need:
- Personalized water temperature?
- Child safety lock?
- Night light?
- Self-cleaning ozone?
- Bottle replacement notification?
- Ultraviolet (UV) disinfection?
- Room temperature water output?
- K-Cup feature?
Write down all the features you want and pick the water dispenser that has all you need.
A water dispenser is meant to be put in a place that is visible to people.
Therefore, the exterior design of a bottom load water dispenser is important as it will affect the aesthetic in your house.
You don’t want to see an ugly machine more than 10 times a day right?
So, when you are considering buying a bottom load water dispenser, choose the one with great design and match your house interior.
Some of the design elements are:
- Exterior shape
- Push-button or paddle
- Body material
Of course, more features and functionalities usually come at a higher cost.
But sometimes you can trade-in some features that are less important to you for a lower price.
So if your budget is a constraint, then let your budget guide your purchase decision.
Bottom Load Water Dispenser Pros & Cons
Here are the pros and cons of a bottom load water dispenser:
- Easy to replace water bottles
- Good-looking with the concealed water bottle
- Access to clean hot and cold water on demand
- Packed with useful features
- No water source and installation is required
- Freestanding and compact design
- Large 5-gallon water bottle capacity
- Can fit into any corner easily
- Water pump noise during dispensing
- Need a place to store water bottles
- Need to buy or refill water bottles once every few months
As you can see, the benefits of a bottom load water dispenser are much more than the cons, which is an excellent choice for any family and office.
Bottom Loading vs Top Loading Water Dispenser
Still yet to decide top load or bottom load water dispenser?
Here’s some quick comparison:
|Comparion||Bottom Load||Top Load|
If budget is your main concern, then getting a top load design should be a better choice, otherwise, I’ll highly recommend you to grab a bottom load water dispenser, you’ll never regret.
How Does Bottom Load Water Dispenser Work
When you turn on the water dispenser, the water pump draws the water up into the water tank through a water line.
The water inside the water bottle is usually purified RO water that is clean and safe to consume.
After you pressed the dispense button, the water spout will dispense hot, cold, or room-temperature water depending on your choice.
The purified and filtered drinking water will undergo either a heating or cooling process through the heating element or cooling compressor respectively..
The removable drip tray will collect any remaining drops of water from the spouts to keep your floor dry.
How to Clean Bottom Load Water Dispenser (Maintenance Tips)
It’s important to maintain your water dispenser to ensure the water is safe and clean to drink, but how do you clean a bottom loading water dispenser?
Here are the two methods:
For a bottom load water dispenser with a self-cleaning function, you may use the feature once every 2 to 4 weeks to sanitize the waterline and reservoir inside the water dispenser.
For the exterior body and other parts, you can use a cloth or sponge to wash and disinfect with bleach or white vinegar.
For a bottom load water dispenser without the self-cleaning, you’ll have to clean it manually once every 2-3 months.
No worries, it won’t take up too much of your time.
Here are the manual cleaning steps for water dispensers:
- Unplug the power supply for safety reasons.
- Take out the water bottle.
- Use a slightly wet cloth to remove the dust
- Mix and stir your cleaning solution in a water bucket
- Clean the water cooler surface with the cleaning solution using a sponge
- Drain the cleaning solution through the tap
- Rinse repeatedly to remove all the cleaning solution residual
- Take out the removable drip tray and scrub it
- Clean the water bottle and dry it with cloth
- Assemble back everything
Summary of the 6 Best Bottom Load Water Dispensers
Here’s the quick comparison table of the 6 best bottom loading water dispensers:
|Brio Moderna||43.7″ x 17.3″ x 14.2″||Best Overall||Check|
|Brio Bottom Load||44″ x 15.2″ x 14.6″||Best Value||Check|
|Rinkmo B.Load||46.4″ x 17.3″ x 14″||Best Protection||Check|
|Primo hTRiO||43.5″ x 14.2″ x 12.2″||Best K-Cup Cooler||Check|
|Avalon B.Load||41″ x 13.2″ x 12.2″||Great Overall||Check|
|Primo Deluxe||40.9″ x 14.2″ x 12.2″||Best Budget||Check|
The answer is Brio Moderna CLBL720SC Bottom Loading Water Cooler.
It depends on your need, but most of the time, a bottom load water dispenser is a better choice.
The best brands of water dispensers are Brio, Primo, Rinkmo, and Avalon.
Definitely. Like most users said: “I cannot imagine a life without a water dispenser, it’s so convenient to access safe, clean, and tasty tri-temperature water”.Making your family members drink more water each day alone is already worth it.
Just slide the water bottle (3/5 gallon) into the bottom cabinet, connect it to the water line, and close the cabinet.
No, they used to be, but now almost all water dispensers are Energy Star Rated and UL certified.
The top 6 best 5 gallon water dispensers are:
1. Brio Moderna Bottom Loading Water Cooler
2. Brio Self Cleaning Bottom Loading Water Cooler
3. Rinkmo Bottom Load Water Dispenser
4. Primo hTRiO Bottom Load Water Dispenser with Single-Serve Brewing
5. Avalon Limited Edition Bottom Load Water Cooler
6. Primo Deluxe Bottom Load Water Cooler
It’s recommended to clean and sanitize your water dispenser once every 3 months to ensure hygiene and safe environment for drinking water.
Yes, the long-term cost is lower compared to purchasing plastics bottled water for daily usages. Not just the cost of water, but also the cost of petrol, parking, and time.
Yes. Ideally, a water dispenser needs to be cleaned and sanitized every 2 to 3 months or change of the water bottle, whichever earlier.
Yes. The water in the bottle is filtered water that is safe to drink.
It’s a water dispenser with a self-cleaning ozone feature, which sanitizes and purifies the dispenser to prevent the accumulation of harmful bacteria and germs for your safety.
Ozone is produced by electrically charging the air to separate the oxygen molecules (O2) and reform them temporarily into activated oxygen (O3), also known as ozone.
Ozone is a natural and effective oxidizer that eliminates harmful bacteria and germs from the water tank, water line, and internal components of a water dispenser.
With that in mind, there’s an endless supply of ozone.
Just simply press the self-cleaning switch for 5 seconds to activate the function (method varies for different water dispensers) and let it do the rest automatically.
Do note that you will need to wait for 30 to 90 minutes before you can dispense water, so you may activate it before bed to let it run overnight. It’s recommended to activate the self-cleaning ozone feature once every 2-4 weeks to maintain the safety and cleanliness of your drinking water.
Have you found the best bottom load water dispenser for your home or office?
If yes, congratulations!
If not, let me know your concern in the comment below and I’ll help you up.
- Top 10 Carefully Picked Reverse Osmosis System for Home
- Best Whole House Water Filtration System
- The Best Filtration System for Well Water
39 45 22 6