In this SpringWell water softener review, I’ll share with you all the important facts about the SS1, SS4, and SS+ salt-based water softeners by SpringWell.
It is one of the best salt-based water softeners for hard water, no doubt, but is it the best fit for your home? Let’s find out.
What is SpringWell Salt-based Water Softener [SS1, SS4, and SS+]
SpringWell salt-based water softener is a water softening device that utilizes ion-exchange technology to remove water hardness by exchanging hardness minerals like calcium and magnesium with sodium from salt.
It is the most effective way to remove hard minerals to prevent limescale forming on the surfaces of pipes, floors, fixtures, and appliances.
Its state-of-the-art metered control makes the system highly efficient without unnecessary wastes of salt and water.
Besides, the Bluetooth control head lets you view and control the softener’s settings remotely via your smartphone.
It is built with high-quality, durable, and certified materials to provide softened water to your whole home for years.
SpringWell Salt-based Water Softener Review: Performance & Feature
Bluetooth Control Head
The SpringWell Salt-based Water Softener can be monitor and control from your smartphone thanks to its innovative Bluetooth head.
It brings so much convenience as you can install their mobile app and use it to monitor and program the softener’s settings remotely.
The Bluetooth control head allows you to:
- Adjust softener’s settings like timing, regen, backwash cycles, etc.
- Monitor valve status.
- View and control valve settings.
- View current and historical data of water usage.
- Initiate a regeneration or backwash process via a touch on your smartphone.
Strong Performance and High Efficiency
SpringWell’s innovative designed salt-based water softener can remove hardness-causing minerals from your water completely through its highly efficient ion-exchange process.
The high effectiveness makes it one of the best water softeners to treat city and well water with a high concentration of hardness minerals.
You can see the immediate result of no more limescale in your house after using it.
Smart Regeneration Control
A timer-based water softener will regenerate after a set period which is inefficient and waste a lot of salts and water.
Whereas the SpringWell Water Softener will only regenerate when the ion-exchange resin is saturated, which is more efficient and prevent unnecessary wastes of salts and water.
High Flow Rate
With user experience in mind, SpringWell’s water softeners are designed and engineered to provide a high flow rate to prevent water pressure dropped during simultaneous water-using activities.
Compared to the industry standard of 7 GPM flow rate, SpringWell water softeners provide a higher water flow rate of 11 to 20 GPM.
The higher flow rate will ensure your showering session won’t be affected when someone is flushing the toilet bowl, turning on a washing machine, or washing dishes.
Simple Sizing Method
The capacity/size of a water softener will determine how many hardness minerals it can hold in between the regeneration cycle.
A larger than you need capacity will cost you extra money upfront and a smaller than you need capacity will undergo regeneration cycles more often and therefore wasting more salts and water.
Most salt-based water softeners in the market use grain to size the capacity, it is accurate but confusing for consumers as most of them couldn’t calculate the required grain capacity.
Whereas SpringWell uses a rather straightforward sizing method based on the number of full bathrooms in your home so no consumers will be confused or pick the wrong size of a water softener.
You might not be able to calculate the correct capacity in grain, but you surely won’t mistakenly count the number of bathrooms in your home.
For instance, you can easily choose the correct model according to the following:
- SS1 model is for homes with 1 to 3 bathrooms.
- SS4 model is for homes with 4 to 7 bathrooms.
- SS+ model is for homes with more than 7 bathrooms.
Lifetime Warranty & 6-Month Money-Back Guarantee
The SpringWell Salt-based Water Softener is covered by a lifetime warranty and a 6-month money-back satisfaction guarantee to allow you to try out the product with peace of mind.
If you don’t like the product after use for few months, you can return it and get your money back within 6 months.
SpringWell Salt-based Water Softener SS Review: Pros & Cons
How Does SpringWell Salt-based Water Softener Work?
Wondering how SpringWell Salt-based Water Softener System removes hardness minerals from the water? Here are the steps:
- The hard water containing calcium and magnesium minerals flows through the resin bed containing sodium ions inside the resin tank.
- Next, the positively charged hardness minerals are bind with the negatively charged resin beads, thus removing themselves from the water. At the same time, sodium ions are released into the water to balance the electrical charges.
- When the resin bed is saturated, the regeneration will start and during the process, high concentration saltwater from the brine tank will flow through the resin bed to exchange the hardness minerals with sodium.
- The excess hardness minerals like calcium and magnesium will be flush down to the drain as wastewater.
- The regeneration process will stop and back to step 1.
As a result, you will get softened water that is gentle to skin and hair and will not form any limescale in your appliances and pipes.
The softened water will also improve soap lathering.
How It Looks Like Physically
Installation & Maintenance
The SpringWell softener system is not difficult to install for a handy person and the product comes with all the necessary tools and components for you to install yourself.
However, if you have no basic plumbing skills at all, it is better to hire a professional plumber to do the job.
Here is the installation video for your reference:
For the maintenance part, you will need to refill salts to the brine tank one to three times a year depending on your water usage, which is the only periodic maintenance required for the system.
What Customers Say About SpringWell Salt-based Water Softener?
Here is the summary of what other customers say about SpringWell’s water softener:
- The water is noticeably much better!
- The result speaks for itself- I definitely see a significant difference when soaping up in the shower.
- I am really enjoying the water in my home now. My hardness went from 89 to 0. I got testing strips to verify.
- The softener is excellent and the app makes it simple to use.
- Setup with the Bluetooth app for the initial configuration and monitoring is clean and straightforward.
- I wish that I installed this system a few years ago.
- The staff could not be more supportive.
- They make it simple enough for anyone to install.
- I especially like the app that you can use on your phone to adjust things like grains per gallon (gpg), time for regeneration, etc.
- The system performs as it is designed and our water is silky soft
- It’s good to know that I can easily reach customer service or tech support if the need ever arises.
1. Can SpringWell Salt-based Water Softener treat well water?
Yes, it is suitable for well water.
2. Can I install the water softener tanks horizontally?
No, both resin and brine tanks must be installed vertically.
Hard water can bring inverse effects to your home such as damage to your appliances, increase electricity bills, clog the piping system, and buildup of ugly limescale on the bathroom floor.
Besides, hard water will also cause dry skin and dull hair to you and your family members.
It is a problem that shouldn’t be ignored.
The SpringWell Salt-based Water Softener can eliminate limescale buildup in pipes, appliances, and fixtures to prevent hefty repair costs caused by them. It can also soften the hard water and make it gentle to skin and hair.
If you are facing a hard water issue, the SpringWell Salt-based Water Softener is the best protection for your family and home.
- Waterdrop RO System Review: Is It Best Tankless RO System?
- SpringWell Whole House Water Filtration System Review
- Best Water Dispensers for Home & Office