In this SpringWell Whole-House Well Water Filter review, I’ll share with you all the important facts about this powerful whole house iron filter for well water (inclusive of models WS1 & WS4).
After this, you will know exactly whether it is suitable for you or not.
Quick Overview of SpringWell WS Systems
SpringWell Whole-House Well Water Filter Review: What Is It?
SpringWell’s WS1/WS4 is a single-tank Air Injection Oxidizing Filter System that is effective against common contaminants in well water such as Iron, Manganese, and Sulfur.
It is a cost-effective, environmentally friendly, and efficient solution for treating private well water.
The system can remove up to 7 ppm of Iron, 8 ppm of Hydrogen Sulfide, and 1 ppm of Manganese.
SpringWell WS1/WS4 Review: Performance & Features
The SpringWell WS1/WS4 Whole House Well Water Filtration System can remove the following contaminants:
- Iron up to 7 PPM (including ferric and ferrous iron)
- Hydrogen Sulfide (sulfur) up to 8 PPM
- Manganese up to 1 PPM
However, it is not designed to remove other contaminants like VOCs, heavy metals, pesticides, and herbicides. If your well water contains these contaminants, you will need the SpringWell CF1/CF4 whole house water filter to treat them.
If you need to kill microorganisms like bacteria and viruses, there is an optional UV filter add-on.
A combination of SpringWell WS and SpringWell CF plus UV filter add-on can give you all-rounded whole house protection against contaminated water.
Size Options & Flow Rate
The SpringWell comes with two size options to choose from, they are:
- WS1 (12 GPM flow rate): For homes with 1 to 4 bathrooms
- WS4 (20 GPM flow rate): For homes with more than 4 bathrooms
Note: GPM stands for gallon per minute.
Its simple sizing options make selection a breeze.
Unlike many water filtration systems in the market, the high flow rate of SpringWell’s filtration system will ensure there is no water pressure drop even during the simultaneous use of water.
This is important for people who enjoy a powerful stream when showering.
Bluetooth Control Head
The SpringWell system comes with a Bluetooth control head to allow you to change the settings or view the status from your smartphone.
The SpringWell WS1/WS4 does not require any maintenance as it comes with a set and forget automated electronic control valve that can perform backwash to clear off contaminants and replenish the filter media bed automatically.
As the system does not require any filter replacements, hence keeping the long-term running cost at a minimal, making it an affordable and cost-effective solution compared to other whole house filtration systems.
You also save the time and hassle in replacing filters frequently.
One of the reasons I recommended you buy from a reputable company like SpringWell is customer support.
You wouldn’t want to come into unhelpful customer service when you are facing issues.
By using SpringWell’s product, you know that there is always a helpful and experienced customer support team ready to answer your queries and solve your problems related to the product.
Warranty and Satisfaction Guarantee
SpringWell WS1/WS4 Well Water Filtration System is backed by a lifetime warranty and a 6-month money-back guarantee to give you peace of mind when purchasing the product.
If the system is not up to your expectation, just send it back and get your money back.
UV Water Purification System Add-On
If your well water has a probability of containing harmful microorganisms, you may add on their UV system that is strong enough to kill bacteria like Giardia and Cryptosporidium.
SpringWell WS1/WS4 Review: The Pros & Cons
Why You Must Filter Well Water
The well water poses more contaminants than municipally treated water, including but not limited to iron, manganese, and sulfur.
These contaminants make your well water smell and taste bad, leave stains on the floors and clothes, and more seriously, causing adverse effects to your health.
Fortunately, we have access to well water filtration systems to protect our families and homes.
How SpringWell Well Water Filtration System Works
When the well water passing through the SpringWell Air Injection Oxidizing System, the iron, sulfur, and manganese will be oxidized by the “air pocket” at the top of the tank.
Besides, dissolved oxygen will be added to the well water.
Then, these oxidized contaminants and sulfur gases will be pushed to the bottom of the system and trapped by the green sand fusion, leaving clean well water.
The trapped oxidized contaminants will be flushed down to the drain during the next backwash cycle.
Lastly, the filter media bed will be replenished automatically to continue the operation.
How It Looks Like Physically
As a whole house water filtration system, the SpringWell WS1/WS4 System shall be connected to the main water inlet.
It requires a 2 sq. ft. of floor space to accommodate it.
Also, it must be installed near a drain for wastewater flushing, and a power outlet for the electronic control head.
If you are a handy person, you can install the system by yourself in a few hours.
The written instruction manual, online instruction video, and technical support are provided by SpringWell to ease your job.
Here is the installation video for your reference.
What Customers Say about SpringWell WS1/WS4 Well Water Filter?
Here’s the summary of what real buyers reviewed about the SpringWell WS1/WS4 System:
- We purchased the whole house well water filter system and could not be happier. It is life changing!
- This system has changed our lives, as we thought we were going to be stuck in our dream home with water from hell. The water is crystal clear and so fresh now! No odor whatsoever! I would buy this system again and again!
- I looked for over a year to find a reasonably priced whole house well water filter for my brand new well.
- After about 30 minutes of running our water the smell was gone and no iron particles or color. I can drink out of the faucet now and since I cleaned my entire home I have not had any staining or any issues with the filter.
- Receiving an exceptional product for a fair price, that actually performs as advertised.
- Immediately removed “rotten egg “odor and water is clear now.
- The filter is controlled by a Bluetooth app which is very easy to use and maintenance-free.
- Install was pretty straightforward, with no issues.
1. Can I install the SpringWell WS1/WS4 System by myself?
Yes, you may install it yourself so long you have some basic plumbing skills.
2. Can the SpringWell filtration system be installed outdoor?
Yes. The system is built to withstand a harsh environment. However, extreme freezing could damage the device.
3. How long can the SpringWell WS1/WS4 last?
On average, the system can last more than 20 years.
After I reviewed so many whole-house well water filtration systems, the SpringWell WS1/WS4 System certainly has its spot as one of the best whole-house water filters for well water with Iron, Sulfur, and Manganese.
If a reasonably priced system can improve the quality of your family’s life, it’s a worthy investment!
It is a product that can give you a life changing experience!
- Waterdrop G3 RO System Review: Best Tankless RO?
- SpringWell Salt-based Water Softener Review
- SpringWell Futuresoft Salt-free Water Softener Review