Temu, a Chinese-owned online shopping platform, has taken the US e-commerce market by storm, securing the top position on both Google Play Store and Apple App Store for several months. The question that arises is how Temu managed to infiltrate the US consumer market and what factors led to its success.
In this article, we will delve into Temu users base, statistics, facts, company overview, and competitors to gain a deeper understanding of this rising player in the e-commerce industry.
15 Temu Users & Statistics
- Temu’s primary market is the United States, accounting for 97% of its worldwide app installations.
- Temu has reached 10.8 million in sales in the US and has an average daily GMV of over $1.5 million.
- As of January 2023, Temu is the number one free app on both Google Play Store and Apple App Store in the US for both shopping and all categories.
- With over 60,000 daily active transaction users, Temu hit the number one spot on the US App Store shortly after its official launch in September 2022.
- Temu boasts more than 1 million installs on Google Play Store and over 5 million total app installs in the United States.
- Temu app has a 10% 30-day repurchase rate.
- Temu platform has an annual order of 61 billion.
- Temu platform has over 11 million merchants.
- Temu has a per-customer transaction amount of $25.
- Among Temu’s new user acquisition channels, Instagram and Facebook each contribute 30%, while Google accounts for approximately 20%, and the remaining channels, such as TikTok, YouTube, and website networks, account for roughly 15%.
- While Temu is currently losing an average of $30 per order due to large-scale discount offerings and free shipping, it has been experiencing significant growth.
- In November 2022, its sales were about four times higher than the previous month.
- Temu has over 100 categories of goods, including fashion, skincare, jewelry, health, and home supplies.
- Temu was launched on August 25th, 2022.
- The marketing budget for Temu in 2023 is projected to potentially surpass 7 billion, subject to market conditions.
5 Facts about Temu
- Temu is pronounced as “tee-moo“.
- The owner of Temu is PDD Holdings, which is the parent company of Pinduoduo.
- The CEO of TEM is Lei Chen.
- The company behind Temu has about 10,000 employees.
- Temu is reported to have total cash of over 17 billion.
What is Temu?
Temu is a shopping platform and app launched by the parent company of Pinduoduo, a Chinese e-commerce giant, and boasts a user base primarily composed of individuals from the United States.
What Products Does Temu Sell?
Temu offers a vast array of products, ranging from fashion items like clothes and running shoes to electronic gadgets and accessories such as keyboards and wireless Lenovo earbuds, as well as household products like air fryers, hardware tools, toys, and much more. In short, Temu caters to almost every consumer need.
Why are the Products In Temu So Cheap?
Thanks to its parent company Pinduoduo’s well-established supply chain in China, Temu can offer a wide range of heavily discounted consumer goods.
By sourcing products directly from manufacturers, Temu reduces intermediary costs and passes on the savings to its customers, resulting in low prices. Temu’s “Team Up, Price Down” slogan reflects its group deal feature, where users can team up with others to secure big discounts on premium goods like iPhones and luxury skincare products.
Additionally, Temu offers users the opportunity to earn credits through spin-the-wheel games and by referring friends and family members to join.
Is Temu Legit?
Yes. Temu is one of the top shopping apps in the United States and is 100% legit.
Which Country is Temu from?
Temu is owned by a company in China and is based in Boston, United States.
Who are Temu’s Competitors?
The main competitors of Temu are:
- Shop app