When you buy via links on our site, we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Here are some of the best water filters that remove fluoride!
Traces of various toxins are being found in drinking water around the world. In the United States, millions of people drink tap water contaminated with traces of medications.
Chemicals like fluoride are intentionally added to the water. If you are not comfortable drinking your water with such chemicals, you are not alone. The good news is that many manufacturers have responded by developing water filtration systems that remove fluoride and other chemicals from the water.
But the problem is, what water filters remove fluoride? This is the question I am going to answer in this article.
After testing many of these available filters, I realized that many of them do not filter fluoride. To help you avoid being tricked into buying the wrong products, I have compiled a list of the top 10 best water filters that remove fluoride. But before we get into the actual list, let’s take a look at some of the important things you need to know about the fluoride removal filter.
Top 10 Best Fluoride Water Filters (At a Glance)
Best Fluoride Filters
Best Fluoride Filter (Overall)
Best Tankless RO System to Remove Fluoride
Best Fluoride Water Filter Pitcher
Best Budget Ro System to Remove Fluoride
Best Gravity-fed Countertop System to Remove Fluoride
Best Fluoride Distiller
Best Fluoride Filtered Water Bottle
Best Budget Countertop Filter to Remove Fluoride
Best Fluoride Shower Filter
Best Fluoride Faucet Filter
How to Get Fluoride Out of Water?
With the level of fluoride in our drinking water increasing every day, we now have no choice but to use an effective fluoride water filter at home, it is the best way to get rid of fluoride in water. If you are concerned about your own and your family’s health, that is enough reason to consider the quality of the water you are drinking.
It is common for people with public water to want to filter out chemicals, fluoride, and other contaminants. We use billions of plastic water bottles every year. Chemicals used in the bottle’s manufacture leak into the water and much of the plastic we discard ends up in the world’s seas. There’s also the matter of quality to consider. A lot of bottled water isn’t any cleaner or better than tap water.
It could even be water from a separate municipal tap. Aluminum, fluoride, hepatitis, and arsenic are just a handful of the contaminants that water filters may eliminate.
Also, municipal water sources are chlorinated, which is a carcinogen associated with Disinfection By-Products. This makes health the number one reason people choose filtered water in their homes; It can reduce the risk of long-term disease.
Top 10 Best Water Filters That Remove Fluoride [Reviews]
The good news is that many manufacturers have responded by developing water filtration devices that remove fluoride and other contaminants from drinking water. I conducted research and identified the top ten best fluoride water filters that I hope will help you make the right decision. These are my top picks.
1. Best Fluoride Filter (Overall): Clearly Filtered 3-Stage Under Sink Water Filter System Review
If you have a problem with your tap water, the good news is that Clearly Filtered now offers one of the best fluoride removal water filters available on the market.
Not like the typical sink filtration systems that remove few contaminants, leaving you vulnerable to disease and other hazards flowing from the tap or stripping the water of beneficial minerals and nutrients. This filter removes more than 232 contaminants, including, pollutants, heavy metals, and chemicals.
It also allows the beneficial minerals and nutrients to remain in the water. It is one of the best under sink water filters that remove fluoride and chlorine. You can also use it as a whole house fluoride water filter. The following are the pros and cons of the Clearly Filtered 3-stage sink water filter system.
- It removes more than 232 contaminants
- It has an easy installation process; you can do it yourself within 15 minutes or less.
- It is portable, and space-saving, and it is designed for both homeowners and renters.
- It is built in the USA with high-quality filters
- It has minimal maintenance
2. Best Tankless RO System to Remove Fluoride: Waterdrop G3P800 RO System Review
The Waterdrop G3P800 is an NSF-certified tankless Reverse Osmosis system that offers high-performance water filtration with a fast water flow rate and water efficiency.
It also comes with a handful of useful features like a UV lamp, smart faucet, filter life display, real-time TDS monitoring, and leak detector.
It can remove most of the contaminants in water including chlorine, fluoride, chemicals, microorganisms, and TDS.
It has the highest clean water to wastewater ratio among the best tankless Reverse Osmosis systems, making it an excellent choice for those who are looking for a RO system with superior water efficiency, filtration performance, and useful features.
The Waterdrop G3P800 is capable to produce 800 gallons of RO water per day, one of the highest in the industry.
- Strong water filtration
- High water filtration rate of 800 GPD, the highest in the industry
- High water efficiency with a 3:1 clean water to wastewater ratio
- Slim and elegant body design
- Comes with many useful features like a lead-free smart faucet, filter life notification, built-in TDS indicator, leak detector, and quick filter replacement.
- NSF certified for performance assurance
- Require electricity
Waterdrop G3P800 discount code: Apply the code “BRIZG3P800” on the official Waterdrop store to enjoy an exclusive $199 OFF (that’s about 20%)!
3. Best Fluoride Water Filter Pitcher: Clearly Filtered Water Pitcher Review
Out of many water pitchers that remove fluoride, this is the best fluoride water filter in the pitcher category presently. This water pitcher is not like many conventional water pitcher filters on the market. It’s compact, easy to use, and removes the most contaminants compared to other water pitcher filters.
If you are serious about clean water that is free of contaminants such as fluoride, then this is the filtered water pitcher you need for your home. This pitcher filter is ideal for those looking for a fluoride water filter pitcher that is simple to use, highly effective, and inexpensive. The following are the pros and cons of the Clearly Filtered Water Pitcher.
- It removes a large number of contaminants and is highly effective in removing fluoride from water.
- It is quite simple to assemble.
- If you remember to refill it on a regular basis, it can hold up to 10 cups of water, which is adequate for a complete family.
- It makes use of affinity filtration technology, which combines granular activated carbon with a number of other patented filter materials.
- It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied.
- It is more expensive to purchase and maintain than most other fluoride water filter pitchers
4. Best Budget RO System to Remove Fluoride: iSpring RCC7 5-Stage Prestige RO System Review
The iSpring RCC7 will be another excellent choice if you are looking for the best fluoride water filter. This affordable 5-stage Reverse Osmosis-based filtering system removes practically all contaminants from your drinking water.
This system will provide you with peace of mind, and many years of trouble-free performance. These products are tested every year to ensure that they remove up to 99.99 percent of dangerous contaminants found in municipal and well water.
The RCC7 line of water filtration systems is the most popular in the United States. The RCC7 line is America’s favorite brand of water filtration systems. According to the manufacturer, this system has been subjected to rigorous testing for pressure, air leak, and cycle resistance to maintain the best quality and high-performance Standards. The following are the pros and cons of iSpring RCC7.
- It removes more than 1,000 contaminants
- It is easy self-installation
- The system does not require any power source
- It has a check valve to prevent the backflow of water into the membrane housing
- It may make some humming noise
- It is more expensive compared to a fluoride water filter pitcher
5. Best Gravity-fed Countertop Filter for Fluoride: Big Berkey BK4X2 Countertop Water Filter Review
The Berkey BK4X2 Countertop Water Filter removes fluoride in your water by up to 95 percent. With a combined 4.5 gallons of water storage in the filtered and unfiltered tanks, the Big Berkey is the most versatile and popular model they offer. This is without a doubt the most widely used countertop water filter.
Big Berkey is not the most economically priced filter, but it has a proven track record that backs up all the claims made about its effectiveness. The following are the pros and cons of the Big Berkey BK4X2 water filter.
- Holds 2.25 gallons of water
- Its simple design makes the filter very easy to clean and maintain
- Nested tank design allows you to fill for more compact storage
- Polished stainless-steel construction allows it to fit well in most environments
- It filters 99.99 percent of all fatal viruses and pathogenic bacteria
- Certified to remove more than 200 known contaminants including fluoride, heavy metals, and other chemicals
- Replacement filters are high capacity but significantly more expensive than other competitors.
6. Best Water Distiller to Remove Fluoride: H2o Labs Water Distiller Review
The H2o Labs Water Distiller is one of the best fluoride water distillers for homes. It can effectively remove fluoride and other contaminants in water through the evaporation and condensation process.
It comes with an activated carbon filter to improve the water taste and remove any residual contaminants.
It is compact and easy to set up. To start removing fluoride from water, just pour in the water and turn on the fluoride water distiller will do. It takes about 5 hours to produce a gallon of fluoride-free water.
- Produce pure distilled water
- Made from stainless steel and food-grade BPA-free material
- Include an activated carbon filter
- Take time to produce distilled water
7. Best Fluoride Filter Water Bottle: Clearly Filtered Insulated Stainless Steel Filtered Water Bottle Review
This is another stainless-steel product that is sure to attract eyes and win hearts thanks to its stylish appearance and exceptional function.
This fluoride filter water bottle has built-in Affinity Filtration Technology, which allows you to turn ordinary tap water into cleaned and safe drinking water. All you have to do is drink through the included filtered straw. Wherever life takes you, you can rest easy knowing that your water has been filtered to remove up to 99.9 percent of pesticides, lead, and fluoride from your water.
Ideal for use at restaurants, water fountains, gyms, and other locations. If you need a water bottle that filters fluoride, then this is the one for you. It is one of the best fluoride filter water bottles. The following are the pros and cons of this Stainless-Steel Filtered Water Bottle.
- Affinity Filtration Technology removes a large number of contaminants
- Available in many colors
- Includes a filtered straw
- It has a stylish design
- It comes with double-walled stainless steel
- It has a small water capacity
- It has a small filter capacity
8. Best Countertop Filter to Remove Fluoride (Budget): Home Master TMJRF2 Jr F2 Countertop Water Filter Review
The Home Master Jr. F2 Countertop Water Filter uses an advanced 3-stages granular filter to effectively remove up to 93% of fluoride, chlorine, and other contaminants from water while keeping the beneficial minerals.
It is one of the best countertop water filters that filter out fluoride at a compact size and budget price.
It is portable, lightweight, and easy to install on your kitchen countertop without taking up much countertop space, which is perfect for homes with limited under sink and countertop spaces.
It uses activated alumina to remove fluoride and arsenic, a contact-dependent media, meaning that the longer the water is in contact with the media, the better the removal of the contaminants.
- Good in removing fluoride and arsenic
- Compact, lightweight, and portable design
- Keep essential minerals in the water
- Easy to install
- The water filtration capability is not as good as RO systems
- Short filter lifespan of 500 gallons or 3 months
9. Best Fluoride Shower Filter: AquaHomeGroup 20-Stage Fluoride Shower Filter Review
If you are looking for a chlorine and fluoride filter for shower, then this is the one for you. It’s one of the best shower water filters that remove fluoride and chlorine.
It is also a hard water shower head filter that softens the water to protect your hair, skin, and nails during a shower. It also reduces rust, heavy metals, and limescale build-up on your bathroom floors.
It is fully compatible with rainfall, wall-mounted, handheld, and combo showerheads, making it a versatile choice for every home.
- Remove fluoride and chlorine
- Soften the water for the shower
- Compatible with various types of showerhead
- Last for 6 months
- You will still need a whole house water filter if the water quality is bad
AquaHomeGroup discount code: Apply the code “BF10” on the official AquaHomeGroup website to enjoy an exclusive 10% discount!
10. Best Fluoride Faucet Filter: Waterdrop WD-FC-01 Faucet Water Filter Review
The Waterdrop WD-FC-01 faucet water filter is one of the best faucet water filters for fluoride. The faucet water filter effectively reduces 93% of chlorine, lead, fluoride, and more contaminants in the water when you turn on the tap.
The good about this Waterdrop faucet water filter is its core activated carbon fiber (ACF) at 0.5-micron pore size, which can adsorb the majority of contaminants on top of chlorine and fluoride removal.
The fluoride faucet filter provides clean water at 0.5 GPM and lasts up to 320 gallons or 3 months.
It has a neat and leak-proof faucet design and comes with several adapters to fit on most standard faucets.
- Strong filtration down to 0.5 micron
- Capable to reduce fluoride and lead
- High water flow rate
- Neat and leak-proof design
- Quick and simple installation
- Low filter replacement cost
- Smooth switching between filtered and unfiltered water
- Cannot fit on all faucets
- Improper installation may cause leaking easily
- Need to control your finger force when swiveling the lever to avoid a loose connection
- Cannot be used for cold and hot water
Waterdrop filter discount code: Apply the code “BRIZFEEL5” on the official Waterdrop website to enjoy an exclusive 5% discount!
Will Water Filters Remove Fluoride?
The ability of a water filter to remove fluoride depends on the specific type of filter being used.
Some water filters, such as activated alumina filters or reverse osmosis systems, are designed to effectively remove fluoride from water. Other filters, such as carbon filters or sediment filters, are not typically effective at removing fluoride.
If you are concerned about fluoride in your drinking water, it is important to research and choose a water filter that is specifically designed to remove fluoride such the best fluoride water filters listed in this article.
It is also recommended to check the product specifications and performance data of any filter you are considering to ensure it can effectively remove fluoride to the desired levels.
Types of Water Filter That Remove Fluoride
When I learned about the negative impacts of fluorides on human health, I felt I had to take action to protect myself and my family. Perhaps you share my sentiments, and you are not sure how to reduce fluoride in your water, read on. The following are the four types of fluoride water filters that will remove fluoride from your drinking water.
Reverse Osmosis Fluoride Filters
This has to do with sending tap water through a series of carbon block filters and a reverse osmosis membrane. The purification system is connected to the cold water plumbing in your home; it uses water pressure to force water through the system. In this process, contaminants are collected in brine that goes down the drain.
Pitcher Fluoride Filters
This type consists of three main parts, the pitcher, the tank, and the filter. The filter is connected to the tank. All you need to do is to fill the tank with tap water and the water percolates through the filter and into the pitcher. Contaminants are trapped and collected in the filter.
Distiller Fluoride Filters:
The water is boiled and turned into steam in a distiller. Fluoride and other chemical pollutants are left behind. Any biological impurities, such as viruses or bacteria, are also killed by the high temperature. When the steam cools, it turns into clean water, which is gathered in some sort of container.
Gravity Fluoride Filters
A gravity filter is a simple and easy type of filtration system. An easy method for removing contaminants from an organic liquid. The impurity is trapped in the filter. Gravity filtration can collect any insoluble solids; it allows the water to simply drain through a ceramic filter using gravity.
Under Sink Fluoride Filter
This type of fluoride filter is designed to be put under the sink, usually consists of multiple stages, and provides great performance in fluoride removal depending on the filters.
It forces the water to flow through every filtration stage in the path and removes a specific group of contaminants at each filtration stage such as fluoride and chlorine.
Countertop Fluoride Filter
This type of fluoride filter is similar to the under-sink water filter, but instead of putting under the sink, it is designed to be placed on the countertop. It is more compact in order to save countertop space.
Shower Fluoride Filter
A shower fluoride filter is used as a point-of-use filter to remove contaminants and soften the water when you are showering. The treated water gives you more shinning hair, smoother skin, and stronger nails after each shower.
Faucet Fluoride Filter
The faucet fluoride filter uses a small filter to remove contaminants in water to provide you with clean water for cooking and washing purposes. It has a small lifespan due to its size and needs to change more frequently.
What to Look for When Buying the Best Water Filters for Fluoride
Not all water filters can remove chemicals like fluoride. With so many types of fluoride water filters available, it can be difficult to make the right choice. To help you choose the best fluoride water filter for your home. The following are the factors you should consider when shopping for a fluoridated water filter.
There are different types of water filters that remove fluoride, such as:
- under-sink fluoride water filter
- countertop fluoride removal filter
- fluoride water filter pitcher
- RO system for fluoride
- fluoride filter water bottles
- fluoride shower filter
- fluoride faucet filter
- whole house fluoride water filter
Each type has its advantages and disadvantages, so choose the one that fit your requirements and budget.
Removal of Other Contaminants
Although fluoride removal may be your top priority when shopping for a fluoride water filter, it’s always good to consider other contaminants that the filter can remove.
It is a good idea to test your water for possible contaminants and then buy a water purification system that can remove most contaminants from your drinking water.
It is impossible to have hassle-free filtered water, but to get the best out of your fluoride water filter and ensure effective filtration, a little maintenance is necessary.
All pitchers contain filters that need to be replaced periodically to work effectively. Make sure you choose the one you know how to replace. Under sink systems that have water, chambers may also need regular scrubbing, whereas countertop table pitchers only require a rinse every now and again. If you don’t want to scrub, it is better to go for the countertop system.
When it comes to water filter lifespan, not all filters are created equal. Water filter lifespan refers to the amount of water it purifies before its performance deteriorates, and this can varies widely. Filters with a short lifespan can incur a long-term operating cost for your system, so choose wisely.
Summary of the 10 Best Fluoride Water Filters
- Clearly Filtered 3-Stage Under Sink Water Filter System: This fluoride removal system is designed for easy installation and low maintenance; it comes with dual carbon block filters that remove many harmful contaminants and provide you with quality water on demand.
- Waterdrop G3P800 RO System: This tankless RO system offers the best water filtration performance and is packed with many advanced features.
- Clearly Filtered Water Filter Pitcher: This model comes with a built-in water dam feature that insures your filtered water is kept separate from the unfiltered water as you pour the filtered water out of the pitcher.
- iSpring RCC7 5-Stage Prestige RO System: This Reverse Osmosis-based filtering system will remove practically all contaminants from your drinking water, leaving you with nothing but clear, pure, clean, great-tasting water.
- Big Berkey BK4X2 Countertop Water Filter: This water filter removes viruses, cysts, harmful pathogenic bacteria, and parasites, as harmful chemical contaminants and impurities, leaving essential minerals your body needs.
- H2o Labs Water Distiller: This water distiller produces one of the purest water that is free from fluoride and other harmful contaminants. It is suitable for small families as it will take some time to produce the distilled water.
- Clearly Filtered Insulated Stainless Steel Filtered Water Bottle: This water bottle has built-in Affinity Filtration Technology, which allows you to turn ordinary tap water into cleaned and safe drinking water.
- Home Master TMJRF2 Jr F2 Countertop Water Filter: This is a budget and compact countertop water filter that remove fluoride, arsenic, and other waterborne contaminants. It’s lightweight and portable.
- AquaHomeGroup 20-Stage Fluoride Shower Filter: This fluoride shower filter gives you a pleasing shower experience by removing contaminants and softening the water. No more dry hair, itchy skin, and weak nails after the shower.
- Waterdrop WD-FC-01 Faucet Water Filter: This faucet water filter turns your tap water into clean filtered water for your cooking and washing needs.
FAQ on How to Filter Fluoride Out of Water
1. How to get fluoride out of water?
The best way to remove fluoride from water is to use a fluoride water filter.
2. Does Brita filter fluoride?
No. Brita filters do not remove fluoride from water.
3. How effectively is fluoride removed from the water at home?
Removing fluoride from home drinking water requires a reliable water filtration system dedicated to removing fluoride. This can be a Reverse Osmosis, water filter pitcher, gravity-based filtration system, shower filter, or faucet filter. They all can remove fluoride from water.
4. What is the best fluoride water filter pitcher?
The fluoride water filter pitcher is Clearly Filtered water pitcher which remove up to 99.5% fluoride.
5. How does fluoride affect the human body?
Fluoride can reduce dental caries in the population. Though, it can cause health problems in high concentrations. This is a particular concern for children.
6. What water filters remove fluoride?
All the water filters mentioned in this article remove fluoride.
Water is essential to our survival; you should be able to drink at home without fear of cancer or tooth discoloration and decay. Not every fluoride water filter system is designed to remove fluoride from your drinking water effectively. But all the best fluoride water filters mentioned in this article are great for removing fluoride and other unwanted contaminants from your drinking water.
The choice is a matter of personal preference based on your exact requirements and the features offered by the fluoride filter.